200 equalizer bar

myblue67

Does anybody know where I can buy a new clutch equalizer bar for my 67 200? I can't seem to find them on any major site.

SG

myblue67":1r9hz75w said:
Does anybody know where I can buy a new clutch equalizer bar for my 67 200? I can't seem to find them on any major site.

SG

Ford's MPC shows they are common with 67 Fairlane's 200 I6, actually shown as a C7OZ number for the one-piece type and some of the two-piece type as well, RodC.

MT63AFX":3fy452sb said:
myblue67":3fy452sb said:

SG

Ford's MPC shows they are common with 67 Fairlane's 200 I6, actually shown as a C7OZ number for the one-piece type and some of the two-piece type as well, RodC.

if that is the case, then check out dearborn classics, they carry a lot of fairlane and falcon parts.

I have one I won't be using... please send over a note. I have a few new pieces that'll go with. The bushing/felt stuff that goes on the mount. I'm putting in a T5 and going hydraulic, that's why. I hope we're talking about the same part!
Thank

I have gotten one from MustangVillage in the Pensacola, Fl area.
Dunno if he ships, though.

Thanks guys! I didn't even think of looking for falcon parts but that makes a lot of sense. It's really weird that I can't find one easily. They make them for all the v8's. Id rather have a new one than used because I've already had to weld my shaft back on to the pedal when it snapped off. Haha

Does anybody know which years are compatible? Usually parts change from 64-66 to 67/68 for mustangs at least. Im pretty sure the engine bay is larger in my 67 but maybe it's the same part as earlier models?

I think I've got an early model equalizer bar laying around, and I'm fairly sure that they are not the same (not to say that you couldn't adapt and overcome)

If you look at the V8 versions (easy to find) then the smallblock V8 equalizer bar is the same arm arrangement, it's just the pivot bar is longer on the 6 version (I won't say they are the exact same, but close enough for you to be able to figure out what the differences are)
You have a wider engine bay by a smidge, the pedal assembly is pretty much completely different, and I would bet that the firewall has the through-hole in a different spot. Because of those I doubt you could easily interchange them.

If I remember correctly, the 67/68 bar, the bars going from the pedal-rod and the fork-rod meet in the middle of the pivot, whereas the earlier ones essentially just go straight up and down. This should make the '67/68 bar slightly more stable than the earlier ones

Asa":356n1g61 said:
I think I've got an early model equalizer bar laying around, and I'm fairly sure that they are not the same (not to say that you couldn't adapt and overcome)

If you look at the V8 versions (easy to find) then the smallblock V8 equalizer bar is the same arm arrangement, it's just the pivot bar is longer on the 6 version (I won't say they are the exact same, but close enough for you to be able to figure out what the differences are)
You have a wider engine bay by a smidge, the pedal assembly is pretty much completely different, and I would bet that the firewall has the through-hole in a different spot. Because of those I doubt you could easily interchange them.

If I remember correctly, the 67/68 bar, the bars going from the pedal-rod and the fork-rod meet in the middle of the pivot, whereas the earlier ones essentially just go straight up and down. This should make the '67/68 bar slightly more stable than the earlier ones

yeah, it really sucks. The small block one looks pretty much the same but it wont fit. Why can't they just make them for the sixes?!

I believe you can buy a small block version, then find a pipe that will make it long enough to fit, and weld it to the V8 version.

I have heard of people cutting the 6 bar to get a V8 bar to fit, should be able to do the same in reverse.

When my Dad and brother put a 289 (solid lifter 5 bolt bellhousing) into a factory 200/3.03 car a few summers back, they shortened a factory i6 z-bar on the engine side, but they also had to bend the lower arm a bit, my guess was that the SBF bellhousing is a tad wider than the i6/3.03 unit.

I suppose I can just work with the one ive got. The holes for the rod to the pedal and to the clutch fork are just worn out. Maybe I can figure a way to fill them in a bit?

keep in mind that the frame rails are 1" wider on a Mustang as compared to a Falcon
I am almost sure the equalizer bars are specific to the type.

:unsure: Hi CB.Why don`t you just drill the holes oversize and then use some proper material to reduce the hole to what you need?Or,just weld the hole closed and drill a bit under size and ream to what you need.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

Welding and drilling would most likely work just fine. Unless you are me. Then you are guarantees to break your drill bit when trying to cut through the welded up hole. I hear it works fine for most people.

Back