Carter yfa carb spacer?

vntgtrk

OK so I'm getting rid of all the emissions on my 77 Granada 250 so I can, um, ah....go racing, yeah, that's it, yeah. ;) I want to get rid of the dumb carb spacer with the EGR. I made a block off plate outa some 3/8 steel I have on hand, but it looks like fecal matter IMO. Where can I get a spacer with a PCV port to fit the YFA? I know, the 1100 is a better carb, but the Carter is working and I ain't met a rich girl to marry yet. Any ideas? Thanks

Falcon's, Mustang's, Comet's, and Mavericks with a 170, 200, or 250 from mid 1960's to early 1970's should have that carb adapter plate. Measure them some of the later ones will have the larger carb hole that your 250's carb would need, or if your handy you could make your own out of steel or Alum etc. Good luck :nod:

bubba22349":39nimvyb said:
Falcon's, Mustang's, Comet's, and Mavericks with a 170, 200, or 250 from mid 1960's to early 1970's should have that carb adapter plate. Measure them some of the later ones will have the larger carb hole that your 250's carb would need, or if your handy you could make your own out of steel or Alum etc. Good luck :nod:
thanks to the tip. for now I'm using the stocker.
I decided to make an EGR block off plate out of 3/8 6061 aluminum. I also decided it needs to earn it's keep. so I drilled and tapped a hole for the brake booster, vacuum modulator fitting. Why did Ford route the booster line around the front of the engine? It's going around the back.

Shoulda taken progress pics, but you can get an idea here. A piece of 6061 T6511 cost me a whopping 2 bucks. I used some 5/16 flat head socket cap screws to hold the spacer to the manifold. I don't have a big countersink so I went as deep as possible with the one I have and ground a bit off the screws. It gave me the needed clearance for the carb. You can see the vac modulator port. The PCV port is on the other side.It still needs some trimming and polishing, but I'll wait till I'm sure it will work. I'll prolly have to do some carb tuning anyhoo. Now watch, it'll work perfectly and the carb will be spot on. Damn Murphy and his silly law....
Overall, not bad from a low tech redneck stand point

Back