250 overboring?

You can bore them usually its best not to go more then .040 over for a street car, but in some cases they will go out to .060 or .070 over. To be safe when going .060 or more you can also have it sonic checked to map the cylinder wall thickness. Good luck :nod:

Meh,....you can go as big as you want, as long as you plan to sleeve the cylinders. I had all six cylinders replaced w/ 3/32" wall sleeves, and there was still cylinder wall holding the deck up after they bored it out to install them. Now that its' done, I belieive that I coulda had them install .125 wall sleeves installed w/ no detriment.

Usually .060 is considered typically max available with replacement pistons , NAPA catalog '78 Granada 4.1L /250 shows available .080 overbore pistons ! (but not the rings ?)

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Catal ... 0306926461

Vintage Clifford's -shop built 250 (U.S. Granada), uses AMC 258 Pistons with an overbore @ .070 . Running for @ 5 years on street and strip in my '61...

have fun

Thats great, thanks for the replies. Handy to know, as my 250 is burning quite a bit of oil, so i think a rebore will be needed soon.

Back