My serpentine belt system

mike1157

Well it took one full week to build.
Fortunately, I live in the south where steel is easy to get, and there are a few suppliers in this town that actually sell small pieces.

I made most of the bkts out of 1/4" mild steel plate. The only tools required to do this was a hand held band saw, a drill press, an angle grinder, and of course,..a mig welder.

e982abda-d01e-4759-9efe-fdb2971707b3_zpsca163015.jpg

I'm using nothing that came off the original motor, and that includes the crotchedy assed A/C compressor. I wanted a Sanden mounted low, so that was job 1.

From there I fixed a One wire 140 amp GM style, but ford bolt pattern alternator using the bolt hole next to the W/P as a mount point.
On the other side I built this behemoth.
467f8c4d-5b2f-42d2-bbea-8e63dba51c9e_zpsbf6fbb63.jpg

And mounted a remote reservoir, 2003 Mustang GT pump to that.
Initially, the first version didn't allow for enough belt wrap around the crank pulley, but I think I solved that with version 2.0.
temporary_zps52b7afb7.jpg

Even this picture is premature. The belt in the pic is about 1.5" too long, and will not allow the crossbrace that spans from the alt to the monster bracket to keep everything square. I'll get the right belt tomorrow.

All I know is I'm about sick of all the custom fab work that has been goin' on around here. I still have to hang an electric water pump under the intake manifold ( yeah,.....you noticed that block off plate there where the cast iron clunker used to be). I'm almost done w/ that fab job. I'll get some pics of that crazy assed looking thing tomorrow.

Back