200 Woes or is it a 170?

bmcgc1960

Supporter 2020
My 200 goes through a bunch of oil, I thought maybe valve seals.

I pulled the valve cover tonight to look things over and to my surprise found mechanical lifters. The top of the head is as clean as a whistle. No sludge or chunks of valve seal, it looks new.

I think this car has a reman engine but 4 or 6 plugs are oil soaked and it goes through about 2 quarts of oil every tank of gas.

At this point, I don't know if I have a 200 or 170.

My new plan is to install the 200 that I bought out of a 68 Mustang that was getting a V8 swap. It has a Weber on it.

I would like to save the Weber and install the Holley 1940 that is on the car now, it is also new.

The problem is the 1940 has a 1.75 opening and the head on the replacement engine has a 1.5 opening.

Is there a way to make this work with the 1940?

you are going to have to make your own adapter. there is one that goes from the smaller carb to the larger opening on classicinlines website, but not the other way around.

I guess the easy answer is to put the Weber back on.

The second easy answer is to swap heads.

The answer I like best is to mill the log and direct mount the Weber.

rbohm":3w4w56y1 said:
there is one that goes from the smaller carb to the larger opening on classicinlines website, but not the other way around

Turn upside down maybe.

69.5Mav":1v9lk762 said:
rbohm":1v9lk762 said:
there is one that goes from the smaller carb to the larger opening on classicinlines website, but not the other way around

Turn upside down maybe.

ask mike, but i dont think it works that way.

Back