What can i expect

I hav a 67 bronco with a 1968 falcon 200 in it. 3 speed manual and 4.11 gears. All stock. It needs exhaust and so I was thinking of putting one of the headers on it. While I was doing that I thought about this Classicinlines kit http://classicinlines.com/proddetail.as ... DBOP%2DDUI and was wondering what kind of performance I would see out of this kit. It runs like a sewing machine now but I just want it to be reliable for taking say 4 hour trips at 60-65 mph. Thoughts?

while you will pick some power, it wont be a great deal, perhaps 20-25 roughly, and that assumes that you can tune the combination. as for reliability, that combination is as reliable as it gets.

Why not go with a DSII distributor out of a late 70's fairmont, granada, or the like? There's several threads on that, including one started by me. If I can figure it out, anybody can. Check to see if you have a load-o-matic distributor or not as that'll affect your vacuum advance. I just put those headers on my 66 bronco. Here's what I found (quoted from a feedback email I sent to CI):
"They came as advertised: Not bolt-in, as the web site warns for a Bronco, but pretty darn close. I like the powder-coated finish. They bolted up to the head very well, and the only fitment issue I have in the Bronco is that the outboard of the two collectors hits the frame. Just barely. What's frustrating is that it's only the flange, and if there were an option to 'clock' it, it would miss the frame, I believe.
I put a 3/4 inch wood shim under the motor mount on that side and made two C-shaped flanges to fit behind the welded one so that when I put them on opposing each other, I can have full adjustment to where the holes are positioned so that I have enough clearance to install the lower sections. Right about vertical (12 and 6 o'clock) is good. I think when I do my final installation, I'll grind the ears off the flange and weld them where I need them. This pipe runs very close to the frame, and I'm not sure if it will require some bending or not to maintain clearance.
The inboard lower pipe dumps right on the cross member, so I'll have to have that re-shaped..."

This is on a 170. I've noticed no difference in power from the headers, but I'm not too worried/disappointed about it because my current engine is a bit tired. There's a gradual hill near my house that I drive up and see how it does when I reach the top. By changing out the distributor for a DSII and retuning it and the carb (I did the re-curve procedure outlined on the CI site), I got the vehicle so that I could maintain my speed to the top (as opposed to losing speed before I started fiddling with it). I was hoping to have a bit of throttle left once I put the headers on, but I guess that'll await the rebuilt 200 with a 2 bbl carburetor plate.
Hope that helps you in your decision.

Back