Need help identifying an engine

Hey everyone! I'm looking for help identifying an engine that is currently installed in my 1967 Mustang. I was told it's a 200ci six, but other than that I don't know anything else. I'm almost certain that it's not original to the car. Here's some the numbers I could make out. On the block: 14 C8DE 6015-B; on the exhaust manifold: C8DE 0L13 Firing Order 153624 CF; on the carb: Carter 2322; on the block near the distributor: 0L 20 V

Thanks for any help!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The emissions package is missing post 1974 parts like the PCV equiped item you find on later X sheel and Foxes,

It is listed as a 200 CID, which means its pre 1974. When the 2.3 Mustang II came out in 1974, Ford started calling phasing out the calling of car capacity by liter, rather than cubic inch. It could be ex Early bronco, but has a passenger car air cleaner.

There is no Engine Emissions tag number on the front,

and it has the back mounted vacum tack off, and its blue high mount with single small non football exhaust header, the dipstick is in the stock X shell position, so its non Fox, and from an X shell car like a Maverick or Monarch/Granada 3.3 which were all before 1981 and maybe 1972.

Check the block for D8 6015 stamping.

Engine number is stamped here at the drivers side rear.

Here's how you do the sluth work...
http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread. ... -and-games

Both are a 1968 casting, though the C8 could have been bin stock for years. I doubt it's a 250 (those have 4 bolt water pumps). So, a late 60s 200ci almost indistinguishable from your 67 vintage car. California 67 emissions match 68 national emissions AFAIK. Should still have forged rods, a dual pattern block for large and small bellhousings.

19mustang67":3u70ir7h said:
Hey everyone! I'm looking for help identifying an engine that is currently installed in my 1967 Mustang. I was told it's a 200ci six, but other than that I don't know anything else. I'm almost certain that it's not original to the car. Here's some the numbers I could make out. On the block: 14 C8DE 6015-B; on the exhaust manifold: C8DE 0L13 Firing Order 153624 CF; on the carb: Carter 2322; on the block near the distributor: 0L 20 V

Thanks for any help!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

What is the Build Date on the car? What Casting Dates can you find on the head/intake, block, or exhaust manifold? A late-build 67 Mustang may have an early-cast engine from production changeover/overlap....

19mustang67":pqchys8v said:
....On the block: 14 C8DE 6015-B; on the exhaust manifold: C8DE 0L13 Firing Order 153624 CF; on the carb: Carter 2322; on the block near the distributor: 0L 20 V

Thanks for any help!.....

The emission sticker is for the 1971 model year, but that means the engine could have been batched as early as June 1970. All codes say 1970, so its a question of what month of Fords Revolving Code L and V are.

Those are the date codes for a empty box C8 (1968 designed) headed and exhaust manifolded engine made on the prodction line for a 1970 engine, the head of which was batched the 13th day of the Month of revoling code L, the block of which was batch on the 20th day of revolving code month L.

I'll just check the date codes from http://www.mustangtek.com/FordDateDecoding.html, as the Aussie ones (http://www.falcongt.com.au/codebrk.jpg) care of addo and discokin6's Aussie I6 posts don't work on American cars...

The 0 is 1970, the L is November, and 13 or 20 is the date of that month.

The V suffix might be the shift, I'm not sure

Shift codes usually show up as a number, 1 (Midnight) or 2 (Day) or 3 (Afternoon) after a colon :)) as in 0L23:2. Not all casting patterns had shift codes. The letters after a casting date may be a pattern ID number, just a thought, RodC.

Back