Recent Ranchero projects

62Ranchero200

Famous Member
Greetings Ford Six Fans,

Have a few days off between Christmas and New Year's, so am using that time to catch up on Ranchero projects.

Finally installed the custom radiator I had made to fit with the 250 in the Ranchero. Had 1/8" machined off of the fan spacer, so thought I wouldn't have any clearance issues, but the tanks on the new radiator extend in towards the engine about 1/4" farther than the core and the tips of the fan blades kissed the radiator. I'm hoping that the damage was only to the fins, which seem to protrude about 1/16" beyond the tubes. I can also now see that theres probably another 1/8" available between the engine side of the fan and the harmonic balancer pulley, so may have another 1/8" machine off of the spacer. If the core is truly damaged I can have it repaired, or reuse the upper and lower tanks and all the fitting and just get a new core.

Also took the valve cover off, checked the head bolts (all were at 75 foot-pounds as they should be) and tightened the valve lash one flat. Repainted the valve cover while it was off:

Thanks
Bob the Builder

Back