Mods to a 1980 head

garyt120r

I just pulled apart my 1980 head (E0..). It's got the big valves in it and best of all, everything is new. I'm doing the 2V conversion as I have the CI adapter. Any suggestions as to what other mods I can do to this head before I bolt it on?

I'd say to have it cc'd and milled. You could have the valves backcut and a 3 angle job, if these have not already been done. Before attaching the adapter i would also clean up the intake runner. Remove as much casting flash as possible.

Howdy Gary:

What's the head going on? What is your goal CR? Any more details would help to give more specific advice. CR hit the high points but the more info we have the more precise our suggestions will be.

Keep it coming.

adios, David

This engine is going on my 1966 Bronco. The deck was zeroed and the E0 head is 62cc, so I'll need to shave a bit to make 8.5-9:1. I have an Eaton M90 on the shelf... Sooo that will be my project after it's all running. Don't want to go too high with the compression. The valve backcut and 3 angle job are good advice. I'll definitely look into that.

Back