Rod Bolts

bluestang65

I would like to have ARP rod bolts added to my rods at reconditioning. I've read somewhere that the rods or the bolts need slight modifications to work. Is this still the case with the rod bolts from Classic Inlines? I don't see a listing on ARP's website for 200/250 Ford sixes. Is this a custom kit Classic offers? If anybody can point me to the tech article for installing them, please do.

If you look at the description in below link we can see that the ARP bolts used are the SBF (Small Block Ford V8) bolts. The rod bolt holes get moded as needed to fit and also the bolt head too. It's an easy job that is well worth the effort at the time you get your rods rebuilt especially if you have ever lost an engine due to a rod bolt letting go. I won't say why I know but am sure you could guess. :banghead: Good luck :nod:

http://www.classicinlines.com/proddetai ... D200%2DRBK

bluestang65":h38tmkp4 said:
I would like to have ARP rod bolts added to my rods at reconditioning. I've read somewhere that the rods or the bolts need slight modifications to work. Is this still the case with the rod bolts from Classic Inlines? I don't see a listing on ARP's website for 200/250 Ford sixes. Is this a custom kit Classic offers? If anybody can point me to the tech article for installing them, please do.

The 289 302 arp rod bolts are a direct swap. Just give them to your machinist and he will fit them to your rods. If you need the part number I can go out to my shop and get it for you.

Later,

Doug

the ARPs are a direct swap. both bolt shanks are 5/16"..... besides the standard rod resize the radius under the head needs a little relief.... a simple chamfer to the hole under the head fixes this.....this applies to all hi po rod bolts........

Back