Tri-power pedal

theman1990

For those that used the Offenhauser tri-power setup, did you have to get a new pedal or change any linkages?

For those that used the Offenhauser tri-power setup, did you have to get a new pedal or change any linkages?

Original;l bellcrank can be used , many use MAverick setup with the hung pedal and cable bracket on right side of engine :

have fun

Link doesn't work... I have all the Offy linkage stuff, I'll just need something to get it to the pedal rod...

Lokar makes a pedal/throttle cable set up for early Mustangs that looks pretty slick. I had a tri-power on my car (briefly) and use a generic Lokar set-up and it didn't work too well. I even pulled a pedal/cable from a Maverick and that didn't look like I could make it work.

I used a modified maverick pedal with a mr gasket universal cable throttle kit..... set me back a total of $40.00 for everything.

I used a Lokar cable/pedal and fabricated my own progressive linkage. Still have the original if any on wants it. :D

The original Ford linkage hooked up to the Offy linkage with little effort.
I run a short extension (maybe 3"), ends with a threaded pivot bolted to the Offy bellcrank.
Should be able to see it here...

10344385_10152134374841479_8930473148730600556_o.jpg

I used a 1970 Mustang pedal, which looks stock and you can buy brand new, with a Locklar cable on both my tri-power and now 2V conversion.

Back