E-Bay Headers

stanyon

I am sure some of the people here have been looking at the Stainless Steel Headers on E-Bay for around $200.
I ordered a set and they look great, the flange mounts up clean to the head, AND THEY ARENT GOING TO WORK.

I have a late 200 six with the low mount starter, the problem is that the rear collector with its three down tubes will not clear the starter and bell housing. They are inboard a good 1 1/2 inches from where they need to be. I tried persuading them with a porta power but they just came back to the original position. The only option I have is to cut and re-weld them. Not very happy at this point as the Vendor has refused to accept them as a return because of his 14 day return policy even though he advertised them as fitting my application.

You found out that most available headers for low mount starter 200's and 250's ARENT GOING TO WORK no matter what ad says.. Headers fitting low mount starters were made for Maverick 250 application. The common Mustang/Falcon... Hooker Super Comp's. 6601 dual out headers are for the high mount 170/200 and the less available 6602 application is for Maverick 250. Hooker Super Comp's for 250 Mav' could probably fit but could interfere with early car steering idler arm and maybe center link.

have fun

. . v . .

250/Hooker 6602's in my '61

Back