Single Valve Insulated Carb Spacer

Mr Comet

Super car coach First Fox has advised me to get an insulated carb spacer since my carb is dripping gas into throat after the car has been shut off. He also said I could make one of my own if necessary. Does anyone have any suggested vendors or ideas. Id appreciate any help. Thanks Denny

I used phenolic material (you can get it from MSC, Grainger, McMaster Carr, etc) and a gasket as a template to make my own for my triples. I also used a plastic washer/spacer on the studs that were from *I think* Speedway motors. The carbs are completely insulated from any direct metal contact to the head. It helps but didn't completely fix the heat soak for me.

The late model 250's with (Ca Emissions for one) from the mid to late 70's had thick carb gasket with plastic inserts the for studs. :nod:

Hey man, just remembered something from when you texted me a week or so ago about that "e" clip from your carb and you sent me a pic of it also, remember? You said someone told you not to hook that linkage back up with that "e" clip right? If you left it disconnected and that linkage was for a bowl vent, you have found your problem.

Send me that pic again and I will see if I can tell what the linkage is for.

Back