250 2v intake adapter

George66Falcon

Hey there, folks! I've just acquired a 250 2v head, and I'm trying to figure out if there's an adapter available to bolt on the weber 32/36. While we're on the subject, what are good things to get done before installing it? I'd appreciate any wisdom or advice y'all have to offer, I'm quite the novice!

There used to be an adaptor from the WW stromberg to the XE/XF 34ADM weber, which I beleive is the same bolt pattern as the 32/36.
2nd hand or NOS on ebay oz might be your best bet now. I havent seen one for years

Howdy George:

And Welcome to the Forum.

First assess the current condition of the head including valves to seats, valve guides, chamber volume and mating surface flatness. Also check the condition of the casting plugs, aka freeze plugs. If all is good select a valve job gasket set which will include umbrella type valve guide seals. FYI, head gaskets vary in compressed thickness, which you will need to know to figure the final compression ratio.

Hope that helps on prepping the head.

Again, welcome.

Adios, David

Isn't a 32/36 kind of a small carb to run on the 2V head? The main advantage of the 2V over the log head is the improved breathing on the intake side, and in my experience a 32/36 seems like an economy carb even on a log head.

The 32/36 is simply what I'm running on the engine now, I have yet to install the head and would prefer to reuse parts where I can. Economy is of some concern, as I live 25 miles out of town.

George66Falcon":3743zewb said:
What's typically preferred for such an application?

either the holley 2300 or the autolite 2100 two barrel carb. both should bolt to the stock 2v intake.

rbohm":4lsnhzzo said:
George66Falcon":4lsnhzzo said:
What's typically preferred for such an application?

either the holley 2300 or the autolite 2100 two barrel carb. both should bolt to the stock 2v intake.

I have the Holley 07448. Not much tuning needed. You will have to switch to a v8 throttle linkage and bend it outwards a little.
You just going to bolt on the head? No cam, lifters. Using stock rocker arms?

To be perfectly honest, I don't understand enough about those to change them. I have the falcon handbook, but I've never really had to open up an engine before. I saw a good opportunity to nab that head and did so :p I do value the economy I get out of the motor currently, but I do also enjoy going a bit faster. The tech articles here have been super helpful in guiding me on that process, but most of it is really new to me still! So far all I've really done is install the DUI and 32/36 with an adapter to the otherwise stock motor.

What would your thoughts be? I'd be happy for your input.

I am in the middle of this very thing right now. You can change the cam, it is a pretty easy process that my 16 year old son and I accomplished. It was the first motor for him. We bought a comp cams kit with cam, lifters, springs, timing set, and assembly lube so everything was a matched set. We installed this kit into a "rebuilt" craigslist motor. We had the head off the motor, and the motor on a stand. Swapping cams was a breeze, dropped the lifters in, bolted on the head to the correct torque (use studs to guide head on evenly) and bolted down the non-adjustable valve train with all new pushrods. We watched several youtube videos on 200 rebuilds that helped us along. there are several vids by a guy named Roy Permenter who had some good information on the rebuild, but it was a little "hokey" sometimes. I will add the link below. Good luck on your build, and don't be shy, these motors were made to be worked on.

here is a link to the vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg_VFXm827w

and here is the cam kit we got off amazon.
COMP Cams K65-236-4 Camshaft Kit

Good luck,
Coupster

Back