Bellhousing Cad File

garyt120r

Does anyone have a cad drawing of the 200 bellhousing? I'm going to make one soon of my own measurements and would love a comparison. Even pictures of measurements would help.

CoupeBoy might have something that might help. Which year 200 block?
This is for an adapter, but I think I can get a basic dimensioned/scaled/usable cad drawing...

BELLHOUSING-TEST-4-WITHFLYWHEEL.png

- Perry

I'd like the same for the 250. Machining an adapter here will save on an Advance A. purchase ($800 I don't have).
I need one for 2, 3 places (@ bell, transfer case) to swap in a new transmission.
Know of any site having these I can download and blow up to make a template?
Thanks,

1966Mustang":1ih70ri3 said:
CoupeBoy might have something that might help. Which year 200 block?
This is for an adapter, but I think I can get a basic dimensioned/scaled/usable cad drawing...

- Perry

That's what I need. I'm going to overlay my 460 bellhousing on my 200 bellhousing to make an adapter plate.

I have the high mount starter on the '68 block.

chad":nhyzetsh said:
I'd like the same for the 250. Machining an adapter here will save on an Advance A. purchase ($800 I don't have).
I need one for 2, 3 places (@ bell, transfer case) to swap in a new transmission.
Know of any site having these I can download and blow up to make a template?
Thanks,

Doesn't the 250 have the SBF pattern anyway?

I designed that adapter plate for CoupeBoy and drew the CAD file for him, but it was to bolt the SBF bellhousing to it. He already has some cut out and posted pics in the Transmission and Drivetrain section I think.

I've got one kicking around my shop still that mates small 6 to SBF.. I never did make the crank to flywheel/flexplate adapter.

I had a thread in the 'eye candy' section that had all the dimensions and links, but apparently that sub-forum gets trimmed periodically.

There are a bunch more pictures on the photobucket album
small i6 to SBF Adapter -- photobucket.com

This thread has measurements for the small pattern i6 bellhousing, a member named SoCar72 provided them to me.
SBF flywheel on an inline six (possible?) -- FordSix Forums

Lots of luck.
-ron

garyt120r":38ym3224 said:
Doesn't the 250 have the SBF pattern anyway?

Yes.
That's 1 reason I am placing a 250 / 4.1 in my vehicle - the available transmissions for my application.
(NP435, T5, ZF5, etc). But the J**P NV3550 has become a goal & 2 adapters R needed, money's short
so AA's $400 a piece (I think) is out of reach…
A 2 sided/edge view CAD file could help a local machinist create what's needed.
Spud shaft is another (& final) matter, X-member's a piece of cake.

Gary? did U get what U need from Perry?

Thanks for all the info everyone. I will do my best to find time in the next week or two to draw up the 3 bellhousing patterns and to overlap them for adapter purposes. I'll post them as .jpgs and cad files when I finish.

Well I did a quick overlay of the 385 series, sbf and small six bellhousings. The small six to a SBF or to a 385 series bellhousing looks relatively easy. The 385 to a SBF, not so much. But this is a Ford six forum right?:)

So here's a question: Does the small six need the block spacer for the starter to be shimmed correctly?

r9o10m.jpg

I would say yes it does.
Otherwise the starter snout would be that much farther into the ring gear and the stator may bottom out.

When I made my adapter. The question I had was do I need one between the block and adapter and another one between the adapter and bell housing.

FWIW, I convinced myself that I only needed the one between adapter and bell housing.

Back