Drilling carb butterflies

Bill, to a "t" minus contact cement. Both times the corner gasket on the drivers side slips. I'll get it, practice makes perfect :) Glad I can provide entertainment for you Chad. My days are so busy I think I'm going to lose my mind sometimes. Retirement from the military is just "moving on" ;)

It is so good to have the car on the road and running decent you tend to forget the pain getting there. The biggest lesson for me is "slow down"! I'm not 18 where I have to have the car running the next morning for work. :nono:

Right, some times proficiency is found in time consuming methodologies.

BTW: I deffinatly wasn't laughing. I was noting your last 2 entries were near MY supper (indicating thay might B near your supper time as well. Pictured U wrking right up 2 then, proceeding into the house 4 a break/to eat/a frd6 post!).

If U sallied round these enviorns were U @ "Westover" 4 ur "service career"? No? Where?
Thanks~

Chad, I can be pretty stubborn and that is what led me down this path, refusing to believe I had the valve timing wrong. At least Bubba walked me through tuning 101 about ten times :)

Westover, never was stationed there and never even stopped there on any of my deployments. Like they were telling me to stay away. The only time I spent in Mass was when I was at Devens for a few months and about a month in the MEPS station in Springfield (a month because you don't want a guy like me around any recruits). I grew up in the area, lived in Rolling Green over your way, Belchertown and ultimately Florence. Couldn't find work, no money for college so off I went. When I got out for a bit (family troubles) they were shutting down what was left of the factories (86-87) so back in I went. You are over by Atkins correct? By chance is the Wentworth farm still out there?

WoW, pretty neat!
Atkins/Lawrence Swamp is right on da money...
I'll take this back channel or U can hit me up on the email listed below in my sig.
Wishin U were still around here. U seem pretty far ahead'a me in the auto mechanics world.

Will do Chad! This weekend I have access to a buddie's lift so off with the oil pan and new gasket. Hopefully I can keep moving forward from there, the body needs work both the car and mine. Knee work getting done on the 10th and I'll rest easier with the car sitting in a running condition. First time since 2009-10 time frame. Getting older sucks! :)

Ron

Ok, sorry I'm late :) Car runs strong. Oil leaks are fixed, still having fits with the a/c belt. Sounds like a dog that has been hit with a car :shock: The car likes ported vacuum as Bill had said. Still a slight problem with transition from idle to main circuit. I guess metering block action but its not a big deal right now. Got a dog to put to rest! :roll:

This all came down to me being cocky on the engine build. :oops:

:unsure: Hi Ronbo, glad to hear it's fairly running so good now! Did you ever get rid of the squealing dog so the AC belt would be working right? How old is that idler pulley bearing it might need to be replaced if it's loose and lost all its grease? Good luck :nod:

Bubba! Long time no post :) NO! I still have not fixed that squeal, smaller belt, twice. The same result each time, tighten it up and its good to go for awhile then it starts back up again. Change to a smaller belt, tighten it up and....repeat. Now I have plenty of adjustment but it keeps working itself back loose. Maybe its time for a change of hardware? :( Runs pretty good, still has a slight hesitation off idle, more pronounced when cold but runs wayyyy better now! Of course its near 100 everyday and monsoon is starting so I'll just take my time and pluck away. I want to be dealing with bodywork and paint but you cant rush things :)

:beer: glad to hear from you again Ronbo, great that it's only a few small details left. Except for that body and paint work that will take some time good luck, :nod:

Back