Where to buy a new exhaust?

MalcolmA

Hi guys,

I was looking to replace and upgrade my stock exhaust to a 2", and get a new muffler while I'm at it. Where's the best place to order a new exhaust? The only one I could see was on classic inlines.

SpeedDaddy, Scott Drake, and Clifford all have different offerings available.

Thanks man, but I can only see the full exhaust systems on Scott Drake. Clifford don't have full systems and SpeedDaddy seems to be all modern mustangs.

Scott Drake has the 2" for the V8. Is that the same shape as the i6? The only other single exhaust they have for the 65 is the 1.75", which I don't need.

You can use the 2" from the V8 if you have an adaptor to your I6 or have one made up.

The I6 came stock with a muffler mounted above the differential, parallel to the axle. In and out pipes are on the same end. The V8 exhaust went straight out the back of the car with a large hump that goes up and over the rear axle.

I got mine at Midas; 2" with V8 pipe and Magnaflow 40. They had a pipe stretcher - made it a larger diameter - and fabbed up an adaptor for me at the header end. You also want to get a tip that makes the pipe stop somewhere behind the rear valence, otherwise you will be sucking exhaust into the cab.

Back