YTA 1.65 Roller Rockers Bulk Order

cr_bobcat

Famous Member
Supporter 2018
Supporter 2021
Yella Terra does have the 1.65s in stock here in the US. I got a quote of $540 but they do not come with the oil through lifters. Those would need to be acquired separately. I was told that if I was purchasing multiple sets, they might be able to bring that price down. So if some folks want to band together, this might be something we could get to work. But it all depends upon what kind of break we can get. I find it hard to believe that we'll scrape together more than 10 of us. I haven't gotten any commitment in terms of what size of a break it would be.

That being said, I'd have to seek approval from my board of directors (ie. Mrs. cr_bobcat) before I go putting that kind of cheddar down. I'm sure she'll be totally down with counting on a random group of people that I've never met from an internet message board. Now where did I put that sarcasm smiley....

Anyway, lemme know your thoughts.

:shock: that really doesn't sound too bad for that kind of quality though right at the moment they won't fit into my budget, hopefully soon. Get to :wrench: ing. cr_bobcat and here it is the (sarcasm smiley....) right where you left it :roll: Good luck on getting a bulk group togeather. :nod:

I would be down for a set even at that price, however, I am about to get on the horn with some people about where I can get a chrome rocker shaft and rockers to build 1:6 rocker assemblies. If the cost is not too bad on building them, I will be going that rout, as I changed my mind on the cam I am going to run and the 1:6.5 I think will cause some coil binding with my head. I will let y'all guys know what I find out.

Put me down for a set. Will they require a core? What tipe of push rod will they require ball and ball or ball and cup.

64-5mustang":5pcisjus said:
Put me down for a set. Will they require a core? What type of push rod will they require ball and ball or ball and cup.
I need help on the length that Mike used?
The type is hollow oil through & the ends is just rounded, no ball or cup.
A word to the wise, make sure you plug the oil hole on the left rear of the block, cause the head gasket cannot hold full line oil pressure.
You also have to groove #2-#3 lifters on either side of the distributor oil hole in the lifter galley to prevent distributor gear wear.
I wrote a tech article on this & it is on the tech section of the forum.

I am super happy I just saw that.
So if you use the shaft mounted rockers you do not need to do any mods of that sort bill?

What timing. I'm in. I just got a quote from them for the same price they gave me the following info:

"Shaft type -1.65 5/16" requires clev lifters and 9.130" pushrods and includes the conversion plate."

What are clev lifters- Cleveland?

Response I got from Yella Terra today about the bulk buy question:

"We currently have 8 sets availbale in the US warehouse. If you would like to purchase more than one set, the price is $486.00 each plus shipping."

Now to see what RAU is going to do with the 1.6-1.7 solution that was quoted on the other thread.

Food for thought... Do these rockers come with the studs/bolts etc to mount them? Reason I ask is... I recently spent 300 bucks getting the appropriate mounting hardward from YT, direct from Australia..

I'm not sure if this stuff came from Mike or not. I ordered the YT full kit from him. However, a year later... between me moving, and also moving my parts from one shop to another.. I couldnt produce the studs and mounting hardware. Not saying Mike DIDN'T send it to me, just saying, it's worth checking to make sure these rockers come with the spacers, studs, etc you'll need to mount them, so you don't find yourself in my situation.

Just me $0.02 ;) Good luck all!

I'm in a holding patter till I hear about what RAU does. I had already purchased lifters, assuming the stock 1.5 were going to be my route. The YTA require special lifters and pushrods as well as the other mods pointed out by Bill. If RAU has a "drop in" solution, that would be my preference.

I sent RAU an email and was told that they will have AL 1.65 and 1.7 rockers in the next few weeks with a price of $795 +SH.
There 1.6 rockers are $379 or $399 with pushrods +SH.
I'm going with the 1.6 rockers with pushrods.

I do know rau now has anti pump up " Johnson hi-lift" lifters for sale. there the "only" lifters made in the usa now with both us steel and us mfg. I,ve got a set coming 1st of the week.

cr_bobcat":2r5y98xa said:
Response I got from Yella Terra today about the bulk buy question:

"We currently have 8 sets availbale in the US warehouse. If you would like to purchase more than one set, the price is $486.00 each plus shipping."

Hi, do you have anymore information on how to purchase this?
thank you

I submitted a question to YT website. Eventually they forwarded it on to the folks here in the US that handle business here in the state. The email address they contacted me from was:

joyce.sylvester@makogrp.com

I'm still currently waiting to hear how the RAU design comes along. The YT roller rockers require special lifters and pushrods as well as additional mods to the head. If they RAU option works without me having to buy new lifters, I'll go with it so I can avoid purchasing all new ones as I already have a set of Clay Smith lifters to go with my new cam. If the RAU set is comparable to the $540 (for a single set), I'll go that route and save myself the cost of another $70-80 set of lifters.

No problem! I wish I had the means to just pick up some of this stuff that Mike was doing. Even if it's limited to just 1 aspect I think it would really help the community. Maybe here in a few months, when things settle down, I might be in a better place to work some things. I'm also talking to Pacemaker, who makes some very nice looking headers. Even with the shipping they look like it might be competitve in price to what is available domestically.

Back