Large log rebuild and 2V swap

1hotvega":36reacxm said:
I do 2V conversions on 200/250 Ford heads. My conversions start with a 1/4 steel adapter furnace brazed to the existing log head, after machining an aluminum adapter is bolted to the steel plate. The reason I use the steel adapter is to maintain the 3 degree angle which the factory carburetor pad is machined to. When one of my heads is installed in the car the carburetor remains level. If you flat mill the log intake the carburetor sits at an angle. With a side hung float Holley or Autolite carburetor this can cause flooding issues. With a 2100 Autolite carburetor my complete conversion is actually 1/2 shorter then a factory 1100 carburetor with water heated adapter, so it will fit under a 1967 and newer Mustang hood and in a 1st generation bronco. Cost to braze and install adapter and do necessary porting to the intake is $750. I can be reached at 559-313-1454 or hotvega73@yahoo.com

Any chance I could talk you into the the weber conversion?

da66stang":uz11iisu said:
1hotvega":uz11iisu said:
I do 2V conversions on 200/250 Ford heads….
Any chance I could talk you into the the weber conversion?

And whadda ya think the hight would be on that one?

1hotvega":3e35a47u said:
I do 2V conversions on 200/250 Ford heads. My conversions start with a 1/4 steel adapter furnace brazed to the existing log head, after machining an aluminum adapter is bolted to the steel plate. The reason I use the steel adapter is to maintain the 3 degree angle which the factory carburetor pad is machined to. When one of my heads is installed in the car the carburetor remains level. If you flat mill the log intake the carburetor sits at an angle. With a side hung float Holley or Autolite carburetor this can cause flooding issues. With a 2100 Autolite carburetor my complete conversion is actually 1/2 shorter then a factory 1100 carburetor with water heated adapter, so it will fit under a 1967 and newer Mustang hood and in a 1st generation bronco. Cost to braze and install adapter and do necessary porting to the intake is $750. I can be reached at 559-313-1454 or hotvega73@yahoo.com

Is that with my head or your's? Core fee?

Weber carbs have to be spaced up to clear the valve cover. With a Weber the float bowl is on the v/c side, been a couple years since I have done them but I remember them about 2 inches above the valve cover without an air cleaner.

The $750 figure is just to do the razing and machine work necessary for mounting the 2 barrel carburetor. You must provide a good rebuild able large log head core. I do have cores in stock, core charge is $200. During brazing the entire head is pre heated to 800 degrees. If your head is rebuilt the bronze guides will melt and the hard seats will fall out.

I do full cylinder head rebuilding and porting as well. I just recived 25 sets of 1.50 exhaust valves identical to the ones Classic in lines used to sell. If you are interested in rebuilding or porting please e-mail and I will be glad to give you a quote. I am new to this forum and as soon as I can I will post pictures of the 2v conversion process.

1hotvega":3dyhth95 said:
I question the 3 degree angle of the adapter. I believe the angle is closer to 14 degrees.

1hotvega":3n7n614t said:
I am new to this forum and as soon as I can I will post pictures of the 2v conversion process.
Pretty soon we will open a new site (I believe) that will replace this one (be pretty much identical) due to inability to correct some flaws/no administrator privileges (Mike didn't leave us the access code). It will have a section for you to place your service - make it available to us and anyone who visits this site. Kick off date is early April '16…Please consider listing with us…

BTW: is it the cosworth vega?C U in Carlyle in June?

1hotvega":23cjnf3r said:
Weber carbs have to be spaced up to clear the valve cover. With a Weber the float bowl is on the v/c side, been a couple years since I have done them but I remember them about 2 inches above the valve cover without an air cleaner.

The $750 figure is just to do the razing and machine work necessary for mounting the 2 barrel carburetor. You must provide a good rebuild able large log head core. I do have cores in stock, core charge is $200. During brazing the entire head is pre heated to 800 degrees. If your head is rebuilt the bronze guides will melt and the hard seats will fall out.

I do full cylinder head rebuilding and porting as well. I just recived 25 sets of 1.50 exhaust valves identical to the ones Classic in lines used to sell. If you are interested in rebuilding or porting please e-mail and I will be glad to give you a quote. I am new to this forum and as soon as I can I will post pictures of the 2v conversion process.

Does this mean you are open to the idea? I do have what I believe is a good large log head and based on the work I have read you've done on the offy heads I'd love to send it your way.

I wish I could post a picture. The steel adapter I use is actually drilled for a Weber pattern. I bolt an aluminum adapter on top of that for the Holley flange. If you are intrested I can supply you with a head, steel adapter brazed in and you can fabricate the spacer to bolt the Weber to it. Please e-mail me and I will send some pictures to you.

WARNING!! Do not do business with Jeff Jones of Fresno Ca. AKA 1hotvega. Jeff sold me a complete rebuilt 200 six engine with the 2 barrel conversion in early 2017. I agreed to his asking price after he assured me that the engine came with a 1 year warranty. I received the engine around late March or April. I was able to install the engine around August. Immediately after break in start up, I noticed a coolant leak near the water pump on the side of the engine block. I re-installed the water pump two more times thinking the gasket seal was not holding. The area continued to seep, go away, and seep again. In December 2017, I drove the 65 Falcon to a friend's house, and smelled coolant from inside the car. I opened the hood to find the engine block split on the passenger side at the water pump. I called Jeff the Monday after the weekend and told him about the block failure. Jeff assured me that he would cover the replacement under warranty. I removed the engine to prepare for him to arrange shipping back to California. Jeff wouldn't return my calls and texts for weeks at a time, then said he would confirm shipping soon. Another number of weeks went by, and no reply from 1hotvega. I wire brushed the block split area to find that the block had been repaired by brazing the crack at the water pump housing. Jeff Jones left me without an engine to use due to his dishonest business practices. I took the original engine to a local machine shop to have it rebuilt, and took the bad engine for them to use some of the new parts from it. The machine shop called and told me that the pistons in the bad block were oversized .080" over, too large per the Falcon Performance manual. They rebuilt the old block, and I took the 2 barrel conversion head from the bad engine to the machine shop for them to give it a clean bill of health. They called me and said the cylinder head was "S--T", that it was not usable. The head was also previously repaired, and it has a crack below one of the valves thru the water jacket / not repairable. The President of the Austin Chapter of the Falcon Club of America donated a replacement head to me, and I am now waiting for the local shop to complete the 2 barrel conversion. I learned my lesson to use local service shops. I'm writing this to warn all to not use that crook in California for anything.

Like to See:
something from 1hotvega
other customers

Would Not Like to See:
ford6 beome some sorta arbitrator / problem solver, etc

Expect:
nothing really, this 1 poster has stated what he needs to several times/places...

Back