Exhaust system

69stang_250

VIP
Hey guys,

What x pipe are you guys with duel exh using? Also, what system would you guys recomend using?
I'm sure with my build I will have a loppy idle sound, but I'm wanting omething that isn't too loud and aggressive sounding, but at the same time does not sound like a rice rocket.

Thanks for the help y'all.

@69stang_250,

I expect that it's in another "build" thread, but you didn't mention whether you have headers or what type.

I have the CI stainless headers with the pivoting collector joint, installed on the 250 in my '62 Ranchero. From the collectors the exhaust is routed to an "X" pipe and true 2" duals with FlowMaster Series 40, down the passenger side, over the axle housing and to the right rear corner.

http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx31 ... 07ec8c.jpg

http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx31 ... b19cb4.jpg

"Loud and aggressive" was exactly what I wanted, so you probably wouldn't want the FlowMasters.

Thanks,
Bob

I just ordered a CI SS dual out header from Does10s.
Honestly I do like the aggressive sound, this is just so my Fiancee doesn't get on my rear too much about it being "too loud" lol
This is also for the same build. just a different topic. Do you guys know who Mike went through for those kits?

FYI, they may be tied by IP (intellecual property). I tried getting the dual arvinode from them 6 months back and they couldn't do much becuse CI owned the patent or something.

I'm not running an x-pipe, but I can say I like my Dynomax turbo mufflers. They're loud, but not obnoxious, and have a nice tone... no loud drone on the highway either.

kerb12":w45ldz5q said:
I'm not running an x-pipe, but I can say I like my Dynomax turbo mufflers. They're loud, but not obnoxious, and have a nice tone... no loud drone on the highway either.

I too have the Dynomax turbo thrush mufflers but no X-pipe. I like the sound but am going to have an X-pipe installed next week to see how it sounds.

I have been looking at the dynomax mufflers and have heard good things. I guess more than anything, I don't want this thing to sounds like a hand a civic with a can out back lol

I may just end up going to a local shop and have them build me an exhaust.

I've got 25" Thrush glasspacks on mine, but no crossover. It sounds a bit like a V-Twin motorcycle. With glasspacks, shorter will be raspier and longer will be deeper.

da66stang":1bhbzyxq said:
kerb12":1bhbzyxq said:

I too have the Dynomax turbo thrush mufflers but no X-pipe. I like the sound but am going to have an X-pipe installed next week to see how it sounds.

Generally an X pipe will make it a little bit quieter. :nod:

bubba22349":dc5wrhmd said:
da66stang":dc5wrhmd said:
kerb12":dc5wrhmd said:

Generally an X pipe will make it a little bit quieter. :nod:

Might not try it then. I thought it might make it more even.

69stang_250":dc5wrhmd said:
I have been looking at the dynomax mufflers and have heard good things. I guess more than anything, I don't want this thing to sounds like a hand a civic with a can out back lol

I may just end up going to a local shop and have them build me an exhaust.

Here is a clip of mine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-zIUTaxbgI

Back