ARP Studs for 200

vssman":2nhznz9s said:
Thanks for figuring out and posting the part numbers of the studs.

Mods - Can this info be moved to a stickie for future builders?

done

Thanks, T-3 is what I will be running as much as 15-18 pounds of boost.

I would think a t-3 would be too small, at those boost levels, it will be either overspeed, or well out of it's efficiency range, at least the one I have, which is from a 160HP car...

If you got your Econoline up to 85 that is pretty impressive and a bit scary!. You probably do not have 4:11 gears like my old Econoline pickup had and winding out good at 70.
Yeah life is good now in fourth gear my Bronco will just keep accelerating up that grade but past 70 it is a bit noisy with no floor coverings. Gotta get some mats.
Good luck with your build those Econoline vans have character.

If you got your Econoline up to 85 that is pretty impressive and a bit scary!. You probably do not have 4:11 gears like my old Econoline pickup had and winding out good at 70.
Yeah life is good now in fourth gear my Bronco will just keep accelerating up that grade but past 70 it is a bit noisy with no floor coverings. Gotta get some mats.
Good luck with your build those Econoline vans have character.

Yeah, I do not know what gears I have for sure, but I suspect 3.00, I can run 2nd gear to 50-55mph getting on the freeway (and unlike most 3speeds I have driven, starting in second is not an option). at 92 (actual fastest I have been in it), it still had a little more, but my balls were just not big enough...

"...original post was for chad, so he could add these parts to his list…"
I have yours'n rocklords plus just one or 2 others in the (personal) archive. I will add as many as I get.
Just wish (there may B 1 somewhere) we had available the vendors, parts, min quanities
for 'drop ship' etc to cont. on the ol' CI "service."

I have yours'n rocklords plus just one or 2 others in the (personal) archive. I will add as many as I get.
Just wish (there may B 1 somewhere) we had available the vendors, parts, min quanities
for 'drop ship' etc to cont. on the ol' CI "service."

I have been thinking of doing just this, if there is interest...

the folks who have done yeoman's service in 'pickin up the pieces' (maintaining this site) of the recent changes have another site that shadows this one. They are testing out their different ideas over there and have some vendor's forums. Hopefully that aspect will generate a reasonable factsimily of a small aspect of what Mike had with his CI sales…

Possibly we can still figure out what co.'s made what parts that he assembled/used/sold us so as to avoid all the testing, searching, other aspects of assembling his "Warehouse". Call me optimistic (as I am ignorant of it all).

With my 1963 4dr Falcon Wagon 200ci I pulled my 14" aluminum boat loaded with crap + 3 passengers from Roseville Ca up I-80 past Donner to Missouri then drove my Falcon 11 years in Missouri. Then I hooked up the boat loaded with crap the mover left and drove 80 mph back thru the Texas panhandle + New Mexico to California in December. That was ten years ago. That was running a 1978 big log low compression head with the early small carb adapted to it + stock air cleaner + 2" exhaust + 3.25 gears. It's fun to floor it a stop light towing the boat and let the low end torque + low gears surprise the newer vehicles. If you have a lot of blowby at idle install a later low compression head. You will be amazed at the lack of blowby. It wont be as powerful but it will be smoother and run better on cheap gas. It's still my daily driver.

The wife had a 1966 Mustang with a 200 ci Sprint Six with a C4 automatic for 14 years. It would go up I-80 to Reno and only one time would it have to kick down into passing gear going uphill. No loadomatic carb-distributor on that engine. Best running 200 ever!

I am putting this in an econoline, with 3.03 top loader, and 9" rear with 3.00 gears, sometimes i tow a 18' boat with inboard volvo (as heavy as the van).

I have a 1969 "M" head, which has the 62cc chambers (low compression) which I won't be milling any more then needed to be flat, but will be adding 5PSI of boost via a T3 turbo.

63falcon4doorwagon- Those are good stories
RicCreations that is a good plan even with 5 lbs boost it should have plenty of power and not stressing the motor. Probably the cheapest hp you can add.

matcox83":1p1lxa3t said:
If anyone is still looking, I have the ARP stud kits now. Cast iron and aluminum heads. I can also get bolt kits. The right front will not be the stud type like original though. I may be able to include an extra length stud instead if you guys think it's necessary.

https://www.vintageinlines.com/product- ... e2a5545d13

https://www.vintageinlines.com/product- ... e9422cede8

Matt

What about the main studs for the 170/200s? thats where this thread started, as they were not available at the time...

RichCreations":1t2x3k7e said:
matcox83":1t2x3k7e said:
If anyone is still looking, I have the ARP stud kits now. Cast iron and aluminum heads. I can also get bolt kits. The right front will not be the stud type like original though. I may be able to include an extra length stud instead if you guys think it's necessary.

Matt

What about the main studs for the 170/200s? thats where this thread started, as they were not available at the time...

If not main studs... would a set of main bolts from ARP be available?

Crosley":3mfp4zav said:
RichCreations":3mfp4zav said:
matcox83":3mfp4zav said:

Matt

If not main studs... would a set of main bolts from ARP be available?
if Matt does not have them, in this thread you will find the links to get them from Alan's fasteners...

Hi, I am having a nightmare of a problem finding a main bearing cap bolt for my 1980 Mustang with the 200 cu. in. 6. I see a thread that says the bolts from the 2.8/2.9 v6 work. Am I correct or does anyone have a part # or any info that would help me track on or more bolts down.
Thanks.
max

max":2ezokfns said:
Hi, I am having a nightmare of a problem finding a main bearing cap bolt for my 1980 Mustang with the 200 cu. in. 6. I see a thread that says the bolts from the 2.8/2.9 v6 work. Am I correct or does anyone have a part # or any info that would help me track on or more bolts down.
Thanks.
max
Matt at vintage inlines should be able to help...

Back