ARP Studs for 200

I have ARP sets. I will try to get them on the website today, but if not, PM or contact me through the website. I will also have main stud kits in stock soon.
Matt

max":2oyrhukm said:
Hi, I am having a nightmare of a problem finding a main bearing cap bolt for my 1980 Mustang with the 200 cu. in. 6. I see a thread that says the bolts from the 2.8/2.9 v6 work. Am I correct or does anyone have a part # or any info that would help me track on or more bolts down.
Thanks.
max

Unlikely- the 2.6/2.8/2.9/4.0 Cologne V6 is a metric engine designed in Germany. I have heard that Cologne rod bolts work, but I have a hard time believing main cap bolts would be shared

Thanks guys, I manged to find a bolt at a wrecker, and the other bolts were fine. The bad bolt was definitely stretched. If I ever do a complete rebuild I will get a full set of studs. The motor has about 100,000 miles on it so I should be good for a while.
However I have a spare 1979, 200 motor, automatic transmission etc. (most of a wrecked 79 Mustang actually) and might just do some mods to it and get a full set of studs. Thanks again.
Max

Can anyone confirm the ARP part number for the 200 head stud kit? The original link above for the head studs points to a main stud kit (152-5401).. I bought ARP-200-HSK from CI a while back but a washer snapped when I was removing the head a few weeks ago and I'm trying to figure out what size replacement I should ask ARP for.

kerb12":2vfrig9c said:
Can anyone confirm the ARP part number for the 200 head stud kit? The original link above for the head studs points to a main stud kit (152-5401).. I bought ARP-200-HSK from CI a while back but a washer snapped when I was removing the head a few weeks ago and I'm trying to figure out what size replacement I should ask ARP for.
ARP does not make kits for our little engines... CI was putting them together... The main stud kit you speak of is for a whole different engine, but just so happens to work for our heads...

matcox83":1276zbvn said:
I have ARP sets. ...PM or contact me through the website. I will also have main stud kits in stock soon.
Matt
2X
thanks for the delivery, Matt!

(BTW: good luck w/the color silicone hose option)
(y)

RichCreations":1sc9t9n7 said:
kerb12":1sc9t9n7 said:
ARP does not make kits for our little engines... CI was putting them together... The main stud kit you speak of is for a whole different engine, but just so happens to work for our heads...

So do you mean that the main stud kit there works as head studs for us as a direct swap? Like you can order 152-5401 from anyone and it works? Or did CI piece together parts from a few kits to make the one they used to sell?

kerb12":2o8v0khe said:
RichCreations":2o8v0khe said:
kerb12":2o8v0khe said:

So do you mean that the main stud kit there works as head studs for us as a direct swap? Like you can order 152-5401 from anyone and it works? Or did CI piece together parts from a few kits to make the one they used to sell?
It is my understanding that that main stud kit works for head studs with iron head... though you may need to grind a bit off the front passenger stud, as to not interfere with the water pump impeller (I had to anyway)

X2 yes that's also my understanding too, that a main stud kit can be used with the (144, 170, 200) iron head for a stud kit. But if your going to use the Aluminum head takes a different stud kit / set. (y) :nod:

bubba22349":17ft7966 said:
X2 yes that's also my understanding that they can be used for both the main as well as iron head studs too. But with the Aluminum head it's not going to be the right length. (y) :nod:

Just to be clear, the 300 main stud kit, which works for the iron heads, does not work for the mains on a 200...

RichCreations, (y) thank you for keeping me straight! I edited my post to correct the misinformation. :nod:

Thanks. In case anyone ends up in the same boat as me needing replacement washers or nuts, ARP customer service gave me these replacement part #'s for kit 152-5401:

Nut
# 200-8606

Washer
# 200-8510

I just installed my header with ARP header studs from a chevy, seemed to work ok.

"...Washer
# 200-8510…"
I thought the toyota would fit - too big.
Matt supplied me a couple right sized...

Wait, so you tried the 8510's and they did not fit? Is this an iron or aluminum head? I was just about to order them for my iron head... I measured what I was previously using - 13/16" across, 7/16" hole, and these appear to match.

[glow=red]who ya talkin to?[/glow]

"ARP customer service gave me these replacement part #'s for kit 152-5401:
Nut
# 200-8606
Washer
# 200-8510"

[glow=red]'E sez fit![/glow]
Also Matt @ vintageinlines dot com has what U need. Support our i6 exclusive partsman & get the right Quality parts cheep! :nod:

Ah, sorry Chad, was answering my own question from a few posts back... I needed just a single replacement washer for the CI head stud kit I bought a while back for a stock head. I believe I tracked it down to those part #'s with the help of ARP's customer support. Should get it in a few days.

Went thru same thing on same part.
Glad you got it, now - lets see about delivery.
Tryin to get some on e-bay/paypal computer right now myself)

Back