starter interchange

my way

Would the starter from 1992 300 6 overdrive manual transmission work on a 250 six manual transmission?
My WAy

I don't think so but if no 1 comes by with a definitive answer check those forums:
Electric (etc)
/AND/
240-300
at the Board Index.

due to headers I used an 80s or 90s 'stang V6 started in my 250.

It's manual, the starter was purchased while employed at 1 of the bigbox prts houses. I've since left there and bought the CI stainless headers (wanted to get em B4 they were all gone).
I am in the process of assembling a fresh 250 (tryin to get the timing chain just right this wk).

I believe I got guidance on the starter here but FTE or the classic bronk sites may have suggested the 'stang work-around. I chose this method as I can not afford the "mini"s I've seen around, it's stock ford, and others have worked around the issue 4 us.
If interested I can easily look at the part number & relate that 2 U or (a lill more difficult) look in my archive in another 'puter and post all I have about it here (which orig. app is listed: yrs./motor/etc). Right now all I can remember is it's a bent6 stang and (I forget) in 80's I think (or may B in the '90s).

I can not guarantee it IS a (successful) work-round strategy for any/all specific headers with ALL falcon 6 motors…
I'll have more on that as I complete assembly (w/the CI headers in a '69 250/4.1 on a bronk w/currently unknown man. transm). 3.03 3 speed (OEM) is currently avail/free but may be a $350 NV3550 (5 speed w/4.00 1st gear) 100 mi away could B fitted (after adding near $800 in 2 adapters, I can't find templates to take to local machinists @ 1/4 that price)…

Lemmie No if one or the other of those 2 choices (or both) would B helpful 2 U!
here or by PM, 's up 2 U.
sorry, a lill wordy here but that's me a blabber mouth
:roll:

I'd think as long as the starter is a 2 bolt and the oem application used the same flexplate size/teeth, it should work. I got a starter for an early 90's F150 4.9 ltr w/AOD for my 250/AOD build. Used the flexplate for the same application as well.

Key word there was flexplate vs flywheel

some early starters had different length snouts for auto v man.
There's a thread on it here under the "Search" function I imagine.
I believe Perry will soon have a real compendium for our "stickies".
May B we can all help at that point stuffin em in...

Sorry My Way,
it's taken awhile.
I have a huge archive (I save everything "for later" - 30 yrs. worth w/this bronk) making it hard to find ANYTHING.

Starter:
'stang, '94 - 8, 3.8L bent 6 (I'll report back later this summer w/my experience I hope).
AutoZone: DL 3205S
$99, $20 core

(CI lists a "Tilton or Ford Racing bent8 gear drive" as another option for this application.)
another stickie for Perry & the 'new site'...

Back