"82 200 in a fairmont

Custm2500

Buying an 82 4 door that will eventually get LS swapped, but going balls to the wall till the i6 blows.

How much squeeze or boost can it take?

Should I look into a stall converter, and if so what converter. Does it have to be for a c5 (belive that is the trans it has).

Probably going to juice it since I ready have a little from my truck. I assume it will be easiest to run a standalone for the nitrous? I will start with a 100 wet shot, and won't stop till I get at least 250 or bust.

Any idea what kind of times a 200 shot and possibly converter will get me? I am assuming high 12 on a 200-250?

I would think you would need to do some serious work before a 200 could take a 100-200 shot of NOS without parts leaving the engine compartment, especially the later ones without forged rods. We are talking about a motor that makes about 120HP at the flywheel...

You should search for Linc200's posts.
He did this a while ago but hasn't been on the forum for some time.

Well looks it is going to be slow turd with a 150 shot then? Guess I will spray it with 150 till it blows 1,2 or a million passes!

Near 300 hp in this 4 door should be mid 13s to high 12s right?

These engines do not like nos but they love turbo boost done smart. Why not take it out now and sell it before you wreck it . That will give you money for the ls.

Custm2500":1i7l7o1a said:
Well looks it is going to be slow turd with a 150 shot then? Guess I will spray it with 150 till it blows 1,2 or a million passes!

not if it blows at the starting line... It might take 50HP of NOS for a couple runs though...

Custm2500":11o3djsw said:

drag-200stang said:
These engines do not like nos but they love turbo boost done smart. Why not take it out now and sell it before you wreck it . That will give you money for the ls.

i agree with drag, instead of blowing up this motor, pull it now, and do your LSx swap, and then sell the six to someone that will use it.

Doesn't sound like anyone wants it. I see a lot of guys who are trying to sell i6 of any size with no luck.

If anyone wants it let me know, I am picking the car up southern Illinois and bringing it back to nw ohio.

People are on here all the time looking for late model heads and big bell blocks. You have to advertise it will sell ,they are getting harder to find,they have been out of production for a long time. When you get it out put it in the for sale section on here.

Yeah, you may have to find the right buyer for the block or the engine b/c of the low starter, but it is getting harder to find them and if you want to adapt a modern tranny to a 200 that motor is the way to go. If it's a runner and in good shape it's worth at least $300. You may get a couple hundred out of the head.

"...trying to sell i6 of any size…"
they're not 'in the know' then
144, 170, 200, 250 / 240, 300 - there's folks lookin 4 each of these
just gotta know where to go to sell.
Gotta know how to ship too
(I got motors frm Tenn & VA up to MA for 150$ each).

Well in advance a brain fart, thus car has a 3.3. Guess I will jump over there and see how much juice that one can take.

Yep we got those forums (plus others, this 1 is just the best).
:eek:

BTW: Don't 4get, there's folks on here will buy the head as it's got advantages over the pre'78.

matcox83":21v55fvn said:
I am in SE Michigan. I'd be interested in it.
C, Custum2500?
to go fast get the X-Flow head instead (some have made 500HP). It's not a modern che**y truck.
That's one way 2 doit!
/OR/
like said - our other forums (turbo, NO, superch, etc).
stay happy, good luck ~

I'm considering putting an AOD behind one so I have to have the low mount starter. I'm tall so I'm not sure if a 5 speed is going to work for me but I really want overdrive for the highway. I have seat track extenders coming and I'll reevaluate the clutch pedal situation then. Currently have a C4.

Who?
Go to the tiny PM box in the individual's last msg, click onit…
or
use the "Members" search on the horizontal line near top of the page...

Back