Looking for suggestions on header

Boburban30

I am looking to replace the exhaust on my 66 mustang I6 but am having a hard time finding parts. Does anyone besides scott drake make a header not intended for dual exhaust?

i think hooker makes a header with a single outlet. that said, a "Y" pipe would set you up to make a dual outlet header into a single outlet if you choose.

rbohm":4j39cczc said:
a "Y" pipe would set you up to make a dual outlet header into a single outlet if you choose.
And at the same time having the scavenging benefits of the dual outlet header! Really this is the way to go, combine them after the header...

like both ur idea (esp 4 my app).

Boburban: ask Will, he may have the CI still in his 'bin'.
i just got 1 & am putting in a Y 2 make a single 2 a muffler
(& resinater?) & then out (B4 the rear wheel)...

rbohm":20ryx8n0 said:
i think hooker makes a header with a single outlet. that said, a "Y" pipe would set you up to make a dual outlet header into a single outlet if you choose.
X2 :beer:

I'd check if Does10s still has any of the stainless steel headers. The price is really competitive, and the product is excellent.

The Hooker is a long tube header which is preferred by some people.

I ended up talking to Will. He didn't have any stainless headers left but it looks like I got his last powder coated header. He said that it had very minor surface rust at the flange so he threw in a couple extra pipes for free, one of them being the X-pipe. That was pretty cool of him so now it looks like im looking for some dual exhaust suggestions. Going to start a new thread for that right now. Thanks for the input guys.

Is it a 200 or 250 (170?)?
(2 inch vs 2.25 pipes/system, also there may B diff suggestions on the mufflers).

I understand 'long tubes" R 4 Tq and "shorties" R 4 HP…?

I C a few (not many, but they R by the main co.s) mufflers with a "2 in" and a "1 out".
I'd like to use one of those 'new" band style exhaust clamps. It will not crush the metal of the flange.
I am hoping I can test the muffler on the vehicle for sound. That is such a personal choice... I would lay under and hand fit it for a few seconds and if sounding appropriate, clamp it on & get out-from-under for further listening. I'd take it off so as not to commit myself to the purchase (unless it seems right & going on to further testing) as I would not want to create a condition disallowing another sale. Each further test (continuing time on the vehicle) brings the muffler further from a store return. Having another rev the motor, doing so myself, clamping on a tail pipe, etc...

Ebay header, y to single 2.25" out.

2.25" worked real nice on my old 170 so I know it'll be fine for a 200. I'm going to be using it on my 250 w/ the oem manifold at least for spell. Oem was 2" so wtf

Back