2 barrel Holley linkage help

pikesan

Hello,
I have a 200 with the head mod for a 2 barrel Holley. I just purchased the carb, so now I'm thinking about linkage. Can anyone please show pictures of how they hooked it up and/or give advice?

Thank you!
pike

@pikesan,

How easy or difficult this is partly depends on how you mount the carb (orientation). My Holley 2300 is mounted with the throttle shaft parallel to the crankshaft, but with the fuel bowl on the outside (close to the shock tower). This makes jet changes, etc. much easier, although I've been told that mounting the carb the opposite way (with the fuel bowl on the inside, close to the valve cover) is better for fuel distribution under acceleration. IMO, my carb orientation makes throttle connection easier.

That being said, I used a Lokar throttle cable. If I remember correctly it was about $75. It fit into my stock throttle pedal and was very easy to run. I did have to drill a small hole in the firewall and fabricate a bracket for the throttle cable. Below is a photo of my setup:

And a close-up of my homemade throttle cable bracket:

The throttle cable bracket may be a bit overkill, but I didn't want it to deflect much at WOT. I made it out of 1/4" mild steel that I picked up at Sears Hardware. It mounts to the lifting bracket boss on the front driver's side of the block, and also doubles as a cooler mounting point for my coil.

Thanks
Bob

Thanks Bob. I'll investigate how I'll mount my 2 barrel tonight. I have a 500 that's physically (as far as I know) the same. What you did looks pretty simple and effective and that's a nice six you got there!

Thanks again,
pike

ANYONE ELSE?

I used a cable throttle. Pedal assembly from a Fairmont as I recall.

Hand built cable mount bracket, bolts to base of carb on 2 bolts.

Photo is an early 350 cfm carb I used, before the 4412 Holley carb was bolted on

Attachments

• falcon-carb10.jpg
    falcon-carb10.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 45
Awesome Crosley!
I'm pretty sure I can figure it out from there.
Thanks!

I'll have to hook up with you when I finally get my wagon on the road.
pike

Back