250ci efi questions

blackbird64

hi i was curious about an efi system on a 250 you know with the injectors in a pipe leading to a piston with the fuel rail on top i want to build something like that but i dont know the first thing about efi or injectors thanks for any replies

Take a look at FI Tech, Riverside Calif. New fuel injection company reasonabley priced . This is throttle body injection. Good luck.

:unsure: Yes for sure there are ways to do EFI. I am assuming by your above description that you want to do a port type injection right? It will also depend on the head you plan to use as to how much work it is. Good luck :nod:

:unsure: Ok here is a link to a 200 with port EFI system, same system would work on a 250 too. So if you have this type head (Australian 2V or the C.I. Aluminum Type) you could do semular. If you have a stock Log type it would be somewhat harder to but could still be done. You will probally get more responses on your questions over in the "Fuel injection / Mega Squirt" forum too. Good luck :nod:

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=72285

127.jpg

Here is a turbo-charged EFI log headed 250.
I have no idea who did this or even where these pics came from, but I wish I did!
125.jpg

This post needs to go to the Mega Squirt forum. Some basic terms and principals need to be gotten the handle of before anyone can progress.

Red 250 powered Falcon round body convertible.

Its running the early Mitsubishi Karmen Vortex Speed Density twin injector throttle body injection just like the first turbo Fuel injected Starion/ Conquest 1997 cc and 2555 cc turbos ran. Some 1984 Dodge Colt Turbos ran it too. Its a very good system, which is very advanced...does away with air fuel calibration by oxygen sensor, and instead uses an Eddy Generator to measure flow disturbance with air speed.

Its a direct mount adaptor plate, but its throttle body, twin point, piddle and dribble CFI/TBI, not port EFI.

Later Mopar/Mitsubishi systems from 1986 on were port EFI, not the same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOTHFuxEjQo

To port inject the log head, you need six injector bosses aimed at the back of the intake valves, and uniform air flow to each injector.

Bare minimum to make it work would be a direct mount or Transadapt 2-bbl to 1 bbl adpptor to fit a Port EFI Throttle body.

You would then have air flow problems to various cylinders, but it does work.

The injector mounting issues are that the bosses also impinge on the air flow.

Jack Collins, Daytime, Xflow Fairlane, Drag 200 Turbo have had input into making these systems work.

You can use the early log head and mount the injector bosses outboard on the outer part of the log head, and use a tripower intake with three 1.3" tubes to one 62 mm Ford 5.0 EFI throttle body and have an EECIV A9L computer hacked into to reconfigure the fuel tables. Or MegaSquirtII.

Back