RAU 1.65 Shaft-mount Roller Rockers

cr_bobcat

Famous Member
Supporter 2018
Supporter 2021
So as promised, here are the pics I took of the new roller rockers from RAU. Everything feels nice and solid. My untrained observation was that the rocker motion was smooth with no bind. I didn't feel any slack at all. The hardware all appears to be very high quality and nothing struck me as being cheap and everything felt solid. I am very happy with the product so far and I can't wait to set it up!

They included an extra post, depending upon how I want the oiling to be set up. Another post will be following this one to talk about this.

Here is the location for all of the rocker arm pics I've snapped. Attaching a few highlights into the post though.

http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/cr_bobcat/library/Rocker Arms?sort=3&page=1

20160504_083750_zps2eht8nwo.jpg

20160504_083339_zpsalusmtg0.jpg

20160504_083738_zpsvqzedaoe.jpg

Looks like they sent U everything in the pics (stands, rod, springs, etc, etc).

The 'unusual' (in my pea sized brain) is in the bottom pic - the stand. It's an "alternative" for changing the oil path? It looks like a regular stand for the adjustable rocker set, no?

One request… if U have a loose rocker - could U show a SIDE pic? Don't dissasemble what U have just for this. Wanted to see it if possible.

Thanks for what you've shared. "A pic is worth…

You guessed it. It's what I'll call th "closed system" pedestal. But it has been machined down to accomodate the wider RAU rocker arms. They pretty much thought of everything here.

Looks awesome! Gary does quality work, and is a super nice to boot. Always happy to share knowledge.

Any one know the maximum valve spring pressure they can handle.
Quality looks nice. Only thing better would be roller fulcrum instead of a bushing.

I can ask. I'm going to be using the dampened springs from CI. I think they are fairly run of the mill for seat pressure. Gary did tell me that they made them a full 1" wide so that they were stronger.

Sure thing. I'll try to do it tonight. My boys have t-ball though so it might be into the weekend before I can get it done. If you go to that first link I do have some pics of the tips but I don't have anything that shows the whole enchilada including the adjusters.

:beer:

wsa111":2ua08df0 said:
Any one know the maximum valve spring pressure they can handle.
Quality looks nice. Only thing better would be roller fulcrum instead of a bushing.

Mostly depends on the alloy of aluminum they are made from and spring pressure. Most billet rockers can handle most any solid flat tappet cam, but when you start getting a lot of spring pressure from roller cams, they will show you what they're made of real quick.

I got them from Rockerarms Unlimited. I think they were $690. That includes a $50 core charge. I'm sending in a set. I paid maybe $720 for the whole pedestal/shaft/rocker/spring/HW setup, new pushrods, and shipping. Service has been top notch. Pricier than some other sets, but I think still reasonable for a low volume item. I got the very first set that they assembled. Hopefully there is enough interest in this set that there will be enough orders to bring the price down in the future for others.

Any sm.6 cores accepted or just the sm.6 adjustable models?
What do they want them for the pedestals and shaft?

$50 for adjustable and $25 for non-adjustables. I think they ditch the shafts but reuse the pedestals. My set came with ford pedestals.

Back