200 Ci Header Question

I have recently purchased a 1965 Ford Mustang with the 200 CI inline 6, the engine, transmission and brakes have all been rebuilt. The body shop is almost done with the body work and repaint. I am thinking about adding a header and dual exhaust to the car just to give it a good sound and the look of the dual exhaust coming out the back. My question is what header should I use and what mufflers would give the car a good sound but not be to loud to enjoy driving the car.

Thanks for any suggestions

Use the Ebay/SpeedDaddy header unless someone knows of fitment issues in your mustang. And while it is a very subjective thing, I like dynomax mufflers, nice low smooth tone, not to throaty.

:…it is a very subjective thing…"
2X what he said !!!
(inc. the shorty from SD. U may want the 'long tubes' if lookin 4 tq rather than HP).

When I "get there" I may use a "band clamp" to try a few different mufflers (that I've researched as U R now doing) just for a sec or 2, so as not damage them. My thought is to return those that are not to my personal taste, keep 1 that is.

Think I'm 'off the wall' here, Econo?
Lemmie No cuz I can't tell. As a currently 'ex'parts
guy I can say I just useta 'recycled' these sorta items.
No 'big deal'.

Other's comments? concerns? questions?
Thnx ~

I have seen a lot of talk about Speed Daddy headers. I have a 1966 Mustang and, from what I've seen, they are not supposed to fit my vehicle. I'm not sure how much difference there is between a '65 and a '66 Mustang. I am on a tight budget with my car and the Speed Daddy seems to be a good value, but I am obviously concerned about fitment issues. Can anyone clarify this for me?

"...clarify this…"
almost positive.
motor changes in '68 R more important 2 B aware of (in timing methods).

Look @ the extensive self reports ('search function") here 4 more on sd headers.

chad":w6dmcj87 said:
"...clarify this…"
almost positive.
motor changes in '68 R more important 2 B aware of (in timing methods).

Look @ the extensive self reports ('search function") here 4 more on sd headers.

I have no idea what I just read

Soldmy66":zy10gyxw said:
chad":zy10gyxw said:
I have no idea what I just read

"muffler sound" is so totally subjective, to ask about it is similar to asking bout "which jeans I should buy?" .
Untill U hear (not C or hear on Utube) in person, on a vehicle w/as many of the exact same paramiters as UR own, there is a great deal of difficulty in comparisons.
Personal taste, choice of words, and real time paramiters all conspire to create difficulty.

Ask away, it will help narrow (& often 'throw U off') but is to B taken w/a whole shaker of salt.

My fav sound wuz my early 60s Fiat w/Abarth (in '69 near my 17th B'day);
2nd fav (& totally different, but 4 a very diff vehicle) wuz a '70 original from factory system w/ a few pin holes in the muffler (the Bronco wuz 13 y/o @ that point).

Back