oil pump to block gasket or not gasket?

Mach1Mark

Is anyone using or making there own gasket for the 200 cdi oil pump to block. I believe ford never meant for a gasket because the block and pump flange are machined. although all other ford engines are using gaskets (I believe) so whats your take on using a gasket when mounting the oil pump? please chime-in and give a response. thanks :)

Thanks for the reply Scott, that actually was helpful.

Yes however, I'm just curious if anyone is using a gasket for the oil pump. What kind of results are they getting? Higher oil pressure? Or whatever?.

When I first bought the car the oil pressure indicator gauge was in the center, I rebuilt the engine several years ago and the oil pressure gauge never return back to the center it's always showing low. I put a mechanical oil pressure and it is showing about 20 psi at idle and 35 PSI all out. Reading several post here, I'm understanding that his normal. But I'm curious if anyone is using a gasket to attach the oil pump to the block and what kind of result are they getting, better oil pressure? Or what? Again thanks everyone.

No gasket there.

Also, many don't realize that the OEM exhaust manifold was mounted to the head without a gasket either. Just metal to metal, fine flat surface, locking bolts.

"…anyone is using a gasket for the oil pump. What kind of results are they getting? Higher oil pressure? Or…"
so ur thinking if one was to put a spacer in there it would increase pressure - possibly like a spacer between a carb & head increase 'flow'?.
I would 1st ck Y the system in place did not wrk like it did B4 U made the changes…ie may B the line in the gage became clogged during the operation…

Hi, a lot of times Ford did not use a gasket, like on the oil pump flange or exhaust manifold, but there is one in the gasket set. Some people use them, some don't. I tend to use them, they fill imperfections in the mating surfaces.

Back