Autolite 2100 too rich on hard acceleration

kerb12

Hey all, looking for advice on how to get my carb dialed in a bit more. I'm running a remanufactured Autolite 2100 1.08, direct mounted to a large log head. I've been fiddling with everything and I have my AFR pretty close most of the time according to my wideband gauge, EXCEPT for when I floor it.

I have #52 jets and a Holley 6.5 power valve. Idle is 13.5 AFR with the back mix screw out 2 turns and the front one out 2.5 turns. At cruise, I'm in the high 14's, maybe low 15's. On light acceleration I'm around 12.5 to 13.5. Problem is when I floor it I drop to about 10 and then it evens out around 11 until I let off the gas again, and it feels like it's really bogging down.

I'm worried that if I jet down, it'll screw up everything else though and lean out my cruising AFR too much. Any ideas? Is there any way to adjust how much extra fuel gets dumped through when the power valve opens?

-Nick

Nick, you need to install screw in jets in the PVRC which is under the power valve.
You need to remove the power valve & measure the orifice diameter. Its the same deal as leaning out a Holley in the same area.
The only thing you can try is insert a .010" diameter guitar string into the both orifices, doing this will lean you out some. The correct way is drill out the orifices & tap the drilled out hole with a 6-32 tap & install screw in jets, then you can tailor the WOT A/F as needed by changing jets in that area.
I do this several times a month for guys who need to lean out the WOT mixture. Bill

Ah that's a shame there's no stock way to do it... I like the jet idea though. Which ones do you usually use?

I use blanks drilled to size needed. For example i install a .056" in a Holley 4412-500 carb. This is a trial by experience & error deal.

Back