Header Gaskets

schaferstephen

Can anyone help me out with a header gasket? Need to find a new one, not sure where to look in the absence of Mike... :(

Thanks yall

Remflex 3016 Exhaust Gasket for Ford L6 Engine .
That's what I bought and will be using on my engine. Really thick, well made .
I bought mine off of ebay....
DannyG

I believe VintageInlines has the remaining stock of these from Mike. Matt doesn't have them up on the site yet though. I can ping him about it to see if he can get them up on the website for ordering.

Are you running a header or a stock exhaust? I ask because there is a significant difference in the port size of a stock gasket (or even the remflex). The CI gaskets size the holes to mate up with a header design as opposed to the larger siamese opening. See here: http://www.classicinlines.com/proddetai ... OR-200-HEG

Edit: I'm not saying 1 is better than the other. Mike seemed to think so, but I'm no expert.

cr_bobcat":2d91inhh said:
I believe VintageInlines has the remaining stock of these from Mike. Matt doesn't have them up on the site yet though. I can ping him about it to see if he can get them up on the website for ordering.

Are you running a header or a stock exhaust? I ask because there is a significant difference in the port size of a stock gasket (or even the remflex). The CI gaskets size the holes to mate up with a header design as opposed to the larger siamese opening. See here: http://www.classicinlines.com/proddetai ... OR-200-HEG

Edit: I'm not saying 1 is better than the other. Mike seemed to think so, but I'm no expert.

I'm running a header, Mike's headers actually.

I sent Matt a note. I don't know your timetable but maybe you can PM him on here too. He's matcox83. Hopefully he can get ya all hooked up! :)

I will be running a Remflex on a large ported stock manifold, turbocharged. Remflex comes highly recommended .

Is the shape of the gasket different for headers v stock?
The header flange shape tells me "No".
Thnx~

You can also get one from Summit...it's a Holly/Hooker header gasket. Part# 10827HKR..been working good for me.

I do have them. Sorry for not replying sooner. Who knew a part time business would be a full time job?!?!

chad":31ed51og said:
Is the shape of the gasket different for headers v stock?
The header flange shape tells me "No".
Thnx~

They are different- the stock version has large ports for the center set of ports. The header versions have ports in the center that are the same size as the other ports.

Thnx Guss, onlu have the 'header' style in hand, only saw pic of it…
nothing 4 da oem.

Back