Throttle cable for aluminum head with 4bbl

I used a 69 mustang gas pedal and s lokar style universal throttle cable. I modded thd top (where the throttle attached to the cable) on the gas pedal as the lokar setup uses a clevis.

Just installed a Lokar universal myself. The carb end came with a clevis and ball joint with set screw - either or, and the pedal end was a direct mount but had another piece for other styles as well. I just cut it to length and fabbed a new bracket to hold a few inches out from the carb linkage. The carb adapter and the new Weber carb operated the throttle from a different direction so the original cable bracket would not work. Its working nice on my 78 Granada though!!

"…original cable bracket…"
the "L' shaped, over the valve cover dealie?

That's the one. I replaced it with a bracket I made that mounts to the old engine hanger and tranny kickdown mechanism location over on the passenger side of the head. Out of the way and nice and neat! Not sure what mount locations there are on that aluminum but it sure would be a NICE problem to have!!

I have been planing on just getting a bracket that mounts on top of the carb flange. I still have the original throttle cable, just want to make sure I know what I need if this one does not work.

69stang_250":3ackx5e8 said:
What throttle cable are you guys with AL heads using? Do I need to Change my gas peddle?
Thanks y'all

Got a pic of the head on or off the block? In or out of the vehicle?
There's lots of info on re-using the peddle U got…

I don't follow the alu head but we got a whole forum on (usa head? Oz?) some of them. Been there? seen this?

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=71241

Let us know how U do…

Back