SpeedDaddy Header

cr_bobcat

Famous Member
Supporter 2018
Supporter 2021
FYI, I know a few folks have been pinging/asking questions for first hand experience with these headers. I finally pulled the trigger on a set after considering a purchase from another member here. I just couldn't pass up the price of $180 delivered to my door. Oh, then I applied the ebay coupon out there for this month and it turned into $160 delivered to my door.

But wait, there's more! I opened up the box to inspect everything. The header looked great. It mated up perfectly to a head sitting on the bench. I was just looking at the bolt spacing. I then compared it to one of the CI gaskets that I got from Matt and everything looked kosher there too.

Now, you might notice I said I used one of Mike's gaskets and not the supplied one that came with the header. Well, whoever packaged this thing wasn't very smart about how the gasket got put in there. It was all beat up, bent like crazy, and the layers were separating in multiple locations. Basically unusable. Two emails with the vendor later and I got a partial refund of $20. They were awesome about it and everything was done fast as can be.

For those of you doing the math at home, this is a stainless-steel header, delivered to my door for $180 - $20 - $20 = $140!!!! :beer:

I won't call this a success until I actually try to mount the thing in the vehicle and check for starter clearance, but right now I'm a pretty happy camper. I will keep ya'll informed. It's going to be awhile though until my exhaust system shows up. It's probably going to be another month at least until that happens.

myway, I still owe you a phone call about that rearend you called me about.

Congrats on the great deal :beer:

Are you running a 200 or a 250? If a 250, I am anxious to here about starter clearance. I know they do not clear 200 low mount engines, but have never heard from anyone putting one on a 250.

It's a high mount 200. I technically own a 250. I should go get the thing and see how it mates up.

I don't know who actually manufactured the header I got from Does 10s but Will did me right on my 78 250. Quality gasket and doughnuts and it bolted right up perfect - went right past the starter and tranny cooling lines just like it was made for it!! No interference whatsoever.

There's been some speculation that these could possibly be made by the same company. The resem lance between them is very close.

"…bolted right up perfect…"
to a 200?
He gave me no guarantee on the CI for a bronk "No 1 ever got back to us on the bronk."

170 & 200 (there wuz the 289 & 302 also -those 4- but no 1 would order these for the last 2)…
Additionally the 250 never came in this vehicle, so I'll wait. to find out, I assume.

If it is in fact the same as the CI header it should clear the 250 starter. When stanyon trid one on a 200 low mount it *just interfered with the starter. I'm hoping the extra height of the 250 helps it clear.

what starter will U use Seth?
(did I ask already?)

I'm hopin my 'stang bent6 will fit -
long wayta go B4 I C an answer tho.

That big (solenoid?) won't get in the way of the pipes?
Oh, wait…U said "small starter". Must B several ( 1 I've never seen) listed?

So was it ever checked on a 250?

I have a 66 Bronco that is getting head work and was thinking about putting on a header, but I have a 250 that may end up on the bronco in a few years, I'd rather buy one header, not 2.

I looked around speed daddy's sight, they show the same part # header for a 250 in an 1980 grenada (just what I used to find a 250) so I would assume it will work with both and I'll have to worry about frame clearance on the Bronco?

all I can say bout it from my house is:
I got may B the last 1 frm CI (it went out the door as Matt drove dwn 2 p/u the last of the CI inventory). Will said "No 1 has ever gotten back 2 us who said they bought it for a bronk."
AND
most ppl say "It the exact thing as the Speed Daddy. Almost as if Mike had contracted them for the CI models."
I can't get my motor back right now so have not fitted them up…

No guarantee 4 da bronk.
(I'm pretty confident I'll get em on. Just wish they were long tubes).

Back