ARP Main stud to Oil pump clerence.

Dragonlich1961

I'm having oil pump fitment issues. The pump is interfering with the arp studs. this is a 200ci and a stock replacement pump.

With the main cap torqued to insure main bearing cap alignment and fit, then detorqued and the interfering stud and nut removed, the oil pump is bolted up. With pump bolted there is not enough room to insert the nut and washer. There is not enough room to use just the nut. Is there something i am missing? or am i forced to use a normal main bolt in this location?

A stock Main bolt will clear.

Chris

so I just went through this 2 days ago, so I can tell you what I did, and if you wait until later I can post pics (my oil pan is still off)

first, without the pump installed, install and torque the mains, measure how much stud sticks out above the nut/washer, then remove stud, and grind off excess (leave a couple threads above the nut).

Re-install/torque stud. now, try and install pump (it will hit), mark where it hits on the pump body, and grind away on the pump body until it just fits (remove as little metal as you can, better to do in several passes, checking fitment as you go)...

Back