Lifters

64-5mustang

I have had a valve rattle on mine 200 for a while. I decided to dig in to it to day and in stall a adjustable high raito dont rember what, rocker set I had laying around. While adjusting the arms I noticed three of the lifters had bled down right away with it running they will keep pumped up but not always at idle. I also noticed that 5 lifters had no movement at all like a solid lifter. At this point I believe my best bet is new lifters and might as well do a cam as well. It has a webber carb hei dizzy a header is in the future, it is a week end toy not looking for much power. What would a good cam size be

64-5mustang":24jxd2bw said:
I have had a valve rattle on mine 200 for a while. I decided to dig in to it to day and in stall a adjustable high raito dont rember what, rocker set I had laying around. While adjusting the arms I noticed three of the lifters had bled down right away with it running they will keep pumped up but not always at idle. I also noticed that 5 lifters had no movement at all like a solid lifter. At this point I believe my best bet is new lifters and might as well do a cam as well. It has a webber carb hei dizzy a header is in the future, it is a week end toy not looking for much power. What would a good cam size be

My Cam advice is to call Jerry at Schneider Racing Cams on the phone, tell him what you have, how you drive it, etc, and go with whatever he suggests, which may even be a custom grind (no extra charge).

Hi, talking to a cam professional is a good idea. They will ask about your tranny and rear end ratio as well as some of the engine upgrades you mentioned. The 1.5 vs. 1.6 rocker arm will be a factor. Make sure to mention it. Good luck

"...What would a good cam size be…"
as said above: dial in all your paramiters first (tire size, rear end ratio, driving conditions, typical RPM for 80% of the driving/use).
A modern cam is something around which you could build the ideal motor for your use.

Keep talkin~

Back