67 Power steering V-Belt size

krbostic89

Any chance someone could help me with the proper size. Can't seem to get the one on that Auto zone says is for it. I have the pump completely slack, but still can't seem to get it on. Can any one help?

Over the yrs. (57?) some 1 may have changed the 'pulley', pump or other components?

Measure w/a string (wrap around, butt ends, take to store). (Measure incase U 'loose it' on way 2 store). Give to prts monkey (I've filled orders that way searchin 4 my own belts).

Throw the sleeve in the glove compartment, trunk or under the seat (or cut off the reference numbers & file) for next time.

X2 using string to get the lenght is good way to check the length needed. :unsure: how much is the belt short? Sometimes you can get them on by starting on and then use the fan to turn it slowly until it slips the rest of the way on. Or you can slot the adjuster slot some more or pull the bolt out put the belt on and reinstall the bolt. Good luck :nod:

when i put the belt on my alt, it would not go on at the alt pulley. i had to slip it over the crank pulley. when tightened i was about half travel of the alt.

Back