Bolt on, belt drive assessory interchange.

Dragonlich1961

I'm curious what parts interchange among engines.
Things like alt's power steering ac. What pullies will interchange. As well as brackets.

I'm aware of the differences between generator and alternator brackets. I'm using an alt.

I've got a possible local yard with a fully equipped 200 out of an 82 granada. I'm wondering what parts I could use. Looks like ac on this model is drivers side. Drive belts are three belts deap.
What other parts could be of use. It should have an e2 head, ds2 ign. Anything else.

I'm using a 68 block . With a 78 head. All being packaged in a 61 ranchero.
Thanks chris.

I would get the engine, bell housing, exhaust manifold, all the accessories/brackets, air cleaner, DSII, gas pedal and cable and maybe the driveline. I think the brackets will bolt on to your 68 block. You never know when you will need a spare engine.

You wouldn't put the:

rear end (drum to drum)
and
transmission

on the "full list"?

Just wondering if worthwhile for swap ins to other vehicles…
Thnx ~

82 granada auto. Low mount starter with rear sump pan. Won't work with my application. Grabbed all the brackets, lifting points. Ign, alt, PS pump, head(e0). Looks clean. No sludge under valve cover, just carbon on pistons and Chamber. Coolant was green, some removed bolts had antiseize on them. Looks cared for. Odo read 70k but it's only a 5 diget.
Was marked run and drive, meaning it ran when it arrived. I'm guessing it was totalled due to a small fender bended and age.

Body wasn't rotted but was damaged. Faded paint with a remarkable interior for a 82. Dear god the mess of wires and hoses and tubes running to that carb. Looked like it was on life support.

The bolt on pull at the crank was held on by four bolts. My current setup is three. What would be needed to use it. I have no need currently but plans to add ac and power steering are in my mind.

This was a complete car. Interior was untouched still. Still had axles and trans. Located in va

Dragonlich1961":3vapyufk said:
82 granada auto. Low mount starter with rear sump pan. Won't work with my application. Grabbed all the brackets, lifting points. Ign, alt, PS pump, head(e0). Looks clean. No sludge under valve cover, just carbon on pistons and Chamber. Coolant was green, some removed bolts had antiseize on them. Looks cared for. Odo read 70k but it's only a 5 diget.
Was marked run and drive, meaning it ran when it arrived. I'm guessing it was totalled due to a small fender bended and age.

Body wasn't rotted but was damaged. Faded paint with a remarkable interior for a 82. Dear god the mess of wires and hoses and tubes running to that carb. Looked like it was on life support.

The bolt on pull at the crank was held on by four bolts. My current setup is three. What would be needed to use it. I have no need currently but plans to add ac and power steering are in my mind.

This was a complete car. Interior was untouched still. Still had axles and trans. Located in va

Everything became complicated when trying to make those old in line sixes servicable and meet econmy and performance targets.

The last years 1980 250 in line six engine bay looked like this, but didn't even get over the 100 hp, or 100 mph, mark.

1979%20%20Xcar%20FordGranada%20Mercury%20Monarch%20250%20REVERSED%20YFA%20Carter%20vehicle%20emission%20system%201.jpg

Brave enough to service it?

The last in line Ford six was the 4.9 EFI and the L code import BMW 2.4 Turbo Diesel in the Continental Lincoln Sport Coupe and some sdeans. The B and X code 3.3's missed out on the serpentine drive, and the water pump and pulleys were extended out to wrap the heavy duty alternator package which came when the A/C option was ticked.

With the exception of the sump, and the catalytic exhaust, yoy can fit the lot. Everyone (except me) hates anything smacking of Carter and Reagan era Federal emissions equipment. Its all simple, inocuoeuus, and doesn't take a horspower or foot pound off. Its the 8.4:1 comprssion ratio and a clogged up primary and secondary cat, or non standard tune fuel and ignition system that ruin this engine.

You need only to redrill the block to fit the dip stick, and find a 61 to 1978 3.3/200 sump.

Then swap the engine over. If the car has had its IM test, you can swap it over using the chassis VIN No and emissions hisotory, and use a new set of two aftermarket 1980 Monarch/Granada 250 cats, and you won't have any sniffer or visual inspection hassels with that.

The primary light off catalyst can be removed, but everything should fit into an X shell Falcon from an S shell Fox platform car.

Rick Wrench has the diagrams to use the long nose fuel pump in a smaller early Round body Falcon.

Others Mike1157, pikesan andbaldrick have done rather more modifications to get serpentine like drives on there in line six Fords.

I'm currently working on a rebuilding that 68 block and I have a spare 65. So I don't need it. To much work when I already have a serviceable spare. The c5 head on said spare leaves a bit to be desired, hince the e0. I'm using a 32/36 weber on the 68 block.

Pullies are nice, I was unaware that a heavy duty alt was used in conjunction with ac. Sweet, pretty sure a 82 ac model alt is higher output then my 68 bare bone model ac.

Chris -

"...with rear sump pan…"

luv 2 C a pic of that if the 250/4.1.
I know they were so equipped. If
it looks right I'll order a new 1 (I
think they're available).

Chad.
I believe it was a 200. Had a three bolt water pump.
3v4 I'm referring to the bolt on, add a groove pulley. I'm using a 68 style single groove balancer with three bolts. The 82 granada uses a two groove balancer with four bolts plus the add a groove for three grooves total. Belt routing was inside groove and second grove for alt ac water pump. Third(add a groove) was for p/s.

"…200…"
Oh, shucks.
Thank Chris.
There wuz a 250 'Grenade-a' (had a 3 grove pulley too)
at least as far as I can tell from the prts catalogues...

Back