Aluminum head

Eric m

Okay now that it is available again I need to make a decision. I have a fresh rebuild with raised compression and a comp 252 cam. Original carb and distributer and mild porting. 1966 mustang original engine. How much power will this add to my motor? Of course a 2 or 4 barrel and headers will prob have to come also. If I change to headers now and a duraspark how much extra will this head get me?

have U read the "Classic Inlines" archive on any Index page here on this site @ every forum?
It's stared for this forum.
Nother good source many of us use is the "Performance Handbook" sourced from Matt at vintage inlines dot com.
While waiting for delivery go to the 'archive' for good info on that head and intake...

There are a bunch of dyno results that you can find in the old archived site. You can access is through the vintage inlines llc page. One used who upgraded to the CI aluminum head, dui ignition, dual outlet headers, 4 barrel carb and a t5 TRIPLED the motor's horsepower (211) and almost double the torque (227). In a 2500 pound car, that's not bad at all. 27 mpg to top it all off.

archive/www.classicinlines.com/Dyno2.html

This link has an interesting chart showing an increase of 17 hp for DSII and headers on a stock 200. Not sure which mod provides the most. I have always thought that a DSII could add up to 10 hp approximately but have no proof. Hopefully some experts will provide some info on this.

That same article shows they got another 12 after adding the DUI distributor. Shouldn't the performance of a dsII and a dui be virtually identicle if they are using the same module? i.e. DSII with 4 pin HEI module?

Econoline":t09f5wk5 said:
That same article shows they got another 12 after adding the DUI distributor. Shouldn't the performance of a dsII and a dui be virtually identicle if they are using the same module? i.e. DSII with 4 pin HEI module?
could have had a different advance curve/timing...

Eric m":26vpriuf said:
Okay now that it is available again I need to make a decision. I have a fresh rebuild with raised compression and a comp 252 cam. Original carb and distributer and mild porting. 1966 mustang original engine. How much power will this add to my motor? Of course a 2 or 4 barrel and headers will prob have to come also. If I change to headers now and a duraspark how much extra will this head get me?

Sorry I did not read your question correctly you want to know what the headers and DSII will produce when later adding the CI head.
As far as your question about hp will you get with a cam and increased compression I would like to know that my self because I considered building a 250 for my Bronco like that (and the mild porting).

"...DSII with 4 pin HEI module?."
usually "DSII" means w/oem box not HEI equiped.
correct me if wrong (also I'm uncertain there'd B any performance
difference/improvement 1 over the other).

Well I have more power than I ever did in the 27 yrs I owned this mustang. Tires chirp a bit with a 2.83 rear. So far so good. Next step is the dist and carb. The head being available is great though at a high cost. Gotta think that one over. It sure would be nice.

chad":ctfn56of said:
"...DSII with 4 pin HEI module?."
usually "DSII" means w/oem box not HEI equiped.
correct me if wrong (also I'm uncertain there'd B any performance
difference/improvement 1 over the other).

I get that but another 12 from using an hei module/dui distributor? It was after the aluminum head and all the other upgrades, but the 4 barrel, that seems like alot. Maybe they never recurved the DSII, like rich said, after they put on the head

:unsure: RE:Cost of the head.IIRC from reading the post on vendors site it will include the intake manifold also.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

Good to hear you got a definite power increase with those mods. The Falcon Performance Handbook has lots of info on DSII/carb upgrades and is a valuable resource in general. Check with a member on this forum, wsa, he can get you a rebuilt custom curved DSII for your 200.

I C we have an announcement in the 4th horrizontal line above about this new offering...

Back