o2 sensor placement on a tri-power 200

im looking into buying a dual sensor wideband kit. I have a progressive tri-power setup. where would be the best place to mount the sensors? :unsure:

I would assume no change in placement.
Most of this answer is assumptions, but hey, may B the guys R out 4 the holiday…
You'll not get an exact reading on each carb so it will B a lill more tedious process (but what isn't when tripppled?).
R all 3 carbs the same model? which?

Weld the bung in the down tube, screw in the wide band & check the gage. Work on 1 carb only 2 get closer to the reading sought. Don't touch the others till optimal on that 1st. Go on to the next, don't touch the others, ck reading till adjusted to optimal. Same w/ 3rd (w/o adj of other 2). Then cycle thru back to the 1st - follow process again. I'd start w/the center carb.

How does that sound?
(sorry, not an ex - sprit, but I'll try anything).
:roll:

There should be instructions with the kit that give you the ideal distance downstream. 36" is what mine is about if I remember correctly. I assume you have dual exhaust, hence the dual wideband? I run 2 into 1 and have the sensor in the Y. Here's how I set up my system: AFR at idle & low rpm - center carb only. Full throttle - all 3. I kept the jets (especially on the outers) the same and changed them as a "set".

36" is fairly common for WB sensors. Also be sure its closer to the top of the pipe to prevent condensation from sitting on the tip.

Back