Oil pump pickup

no info in ur sig (details of motor/vehicle) make it difficult 4 me but YES it does make a difference (gotta suck dat oil up properly).
The 'dirty one' looks a lill like a rear sump 200 from the fox bodies ('80s).
A bronk needs rear sump to avoid the frnt chunk 4 WDs have.
U can reuse it (if whole).
Did U ck the block casting numbers to ID B4 ur start on rebuild?

Do U have a '66 170/2.8 bronk? They were a lill different (& 1st models were built in '65).

Let's C what the ex - spirts can teach us...

I know nothing about Broncos but the pic in the other thread shows that your pan is rear sump and car pans are mid sump, so I would say that you need the old pickup to match your pan.

Okay thanks. The only reason I really even want for replace it is because the old one had a big hole in the screen... I'll see why I can do about finding a rear sump pickup

can't take the screen ouda that 1, swap it?

Can U make some measurements?
I'd like to copy it to put my frnt sump in
da back (250s never came ina bronk. C my sig below).
Was thinkina gettin a 200 from the 80s & puttin that
P/U, tube, screen in but this looks even beddah!
Which of the cap bolts was that lill support bolted to &
can I get some help on it's length?

Tanks!

Hi, the Bronco has a Bronco only pickup. Try the Bronco parts guys for new or used. Good luck

A couple of thoughts,
The hole if it's dead center is supplied from the factory.
I once lost a freshly rebuilt 289 smallblock when a small piece of metal got sucked in and locked up the oil pump ( End of a snap ring broke off from the Crane Roller Rocker arm).
Since then I've removed the factory screen and wrapped metal window screen materiel around the base, folding it up and securing it with a hose clamp. Thousands of miles and no more problems.
Point being, if the tube is structurally ok, you can remove the screen and repair it if new pick up tubes are scarce...
DannyG

You need to change oil. That pickup is filthy. Looks like it came out of an engine that had 15000 mile oil changes.

Thanks fellas, that's a great suggestion. The pickup is fine except for the screen, it's got a big gap along one side. I'll see if I can repair it that way, as I haven't had any luck this morning hunting down a replacement. And yes it's dirty, that's all about to change

Back