Offenhauser 3x1 Build Thread

.. nothing is simpler than using a functioning OEM DSII system. The HEI 'trigger' module can be used with a DSII distributor as a simple option. for testing and/or builds.

1strodeo:
.. encouraging Tri-Power build thread, getting closer to the best part - the road (offroad?) tuning.

have fun

Both the MSD Box & HEI Module run on 12V. Allows a higher coil output.
Your DS11 distributor curve is a mystery. Yes the engine will run, but probably not to its peak potential. Bill

wsa111":2o6rlzcl said:
Both the MSD Box & HEI Module run on 12V. Allows a higher coil output.
Your DS11 distributor curve is a mystery. Yes the engine will run, but probably not to its peak potential. Bill

This makes sense, but what is an MSD Box? Do I need one of those as well? And again how much to recurve a dizzy? Does any of this relate to the triple carb setup? I'm just trying to keep in mind this is a Bronco, which will spend the majority of it's life on the road, but certainly will not be running any 1/4 miles at the drag strip :LOL:

Chad I'm not seeing how the HEI module is cheaper than a DSII module as I can get one at the yard for 10 bucks, although they're certainly not getting easier to find so availability I could see as an issue. Or how they're more reliable as I've known guys that have run DSII systems from junk cars for 10-20-30 years with no problem. Some even keep an extra module just in case, which again is 10 bucks. Hell some even bolt them to the fender well so they can plug and play and keep going!! :beer:

In the grand scheme of things, I think maybe I should just stick with what I got until I get it running right. As stated by powerband and countless others throughout my journey the carb tuning is where the FUN happens :D

2 me the full DSII is the best. HEI adds a lill but it's preference - just like hair cuts'n liv. rm furniture.

Get the vehicle runnin on that center carb, go frm there. Make sure it's 1 ( all of'em) that can go on the gradients if its an 'off rder'.
Very last (cherry on top) is Bill's re-curve. A long wayta go...

Good Luck, we'll B watchin (if U B a'sharin).
:D

Econoline":1irnr2lp said:
Nice work.

Someone makes an aluminum ring w/ a set screw to go from ford to the common chevy size air cleaner mouth, it's a lot nicer than the plastic ring adapters or otherwise if you need to find 3 that match

l37Aev.jpg

Does anyone know where I can find these adapters? I did not notice until recently that I only had one of the plastic ring adapters, thanks.

I got that one on Ebay. I think I still have it, I can get some measurements for you if you need to make sure it's the right size.

Here they are...thanks!

Attachments

• 42E10D34-B0A2-4F06-8736-FCC7535A00EB.jpeg
    42E10D34-B0A2-4F06-8736-FCC7535A00EB.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 60
  • 1BE86873-2ECA-46B7-8FFA-AFA46CBAFC4F.jpeg
    1BE86873-2ECA-46B7-8FFA-AFA46CBAFC4F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 60
Thanks man, I ordered 3 of them and 3 air filters. I went to the Speedway website because eBay had some shady language about contacting Speedway to ensure shipping would not be charged on each item, but there was no contact info! lol

I got it running, but there were so many fuel leaks in the lines to the outer carbs I just removed the outers.

It will run but only if I'm giving it gas, it will not idle. I have electric pump pulling fuel from a gas can on the ground.

My question is, could vacuum leaks contribute to or cause this, like if the adapter is not completely sealed to the log?

Also does anyone know of a part number or where to get the proper O rings? I've read somewhere in this thread about superior quality O rings, thanks.

Back