280/280/108 hydraulic cam - still available anywhere?

62Ranchero200

Famous Member
Greetings Ford Six Fans:

In summary, I have a '62 Ranchero with a 250 and aluminum head. I'm currently running the 274/274/108 cam and I want more mid-range torque and mid-to-high RPM HP. I just swapped my C-4 for a T-5 so I think that will allow me to run a longer duration cam profile without serious idle quality issues, and I think a long duration cam would complement the T-5 and the upcoming 3.80 Traction Loc very nicely.

Classic Inlines offered a 280/280/108 hydraulic cam. This is still visible on the Vintage Inlines CI archive site, but not listed for sale by Vintage Inlines. I e-mailed Vintage Inlines in case the cam is available by special order, but if not, could it be ordered from Clay Smith?

Since I now have the T-5 and a friend is building the 3.80 Traction Loc, I was hoping to warm up the 250 a bit more by milling the head for higher compression, and installing a higher lift, longer duration cam. I don't want to go solid lifter at this time because I don't want to have to keep pulling the valve cover to adjust lifters.

Thanks,

Bob the Builder

62Ranchero200":b8pdmcge said:
Greetings Ford Six Fans:

In summary, I have a '62 Ranchero with a 250 and aluminum head. I'm currently running the 274/274/108 cam and I want more mid-range torque and mid-to-high RPM HP. I just swapped my C-4 for a T-5 so I think that will allow me to run a longer duration cam profile without serious idle quality issues, and I think a long duration cam would complement the T-5 and the upcoming 3.80 Traction Loc very nicely.

Classic Inlines offered a 280/280/108 hydraulic cam. This is still visible on the Vintage Inlines CI archive site, but not listed for sale by Vintage Inlines. I e-mailed Vintage Inlines in case the cam is available by special order, but if not, could it be ordered from Clay Smith?

Since I now have the T-5 and a friend is building the 3.80 Traction Loc, I was hoping to warm up the 250 a bit more by milling the head for higher compression, and installing a higher lift, longer duration cam. I don't want to go solid lifter at this time because I don't want to have to keep pulling the valve cover to adjust lifters.

Thanks,

Bob the Builder
It may not be the same cam, but Schneider will grind whatever you want, for the same price as an "off the shelf" cam...

I would call Jerry at Schneider & he can custom tailor a camshaft for your expectations.
To accomplish this you may need to go solid lifters. Faster rate of lift & shorter duration to boost your midrange, but still enhance your top end.

Back