Different 2 barrel Holley?

62Cometman

Hi folks,

This weekend marked the annual swap meet out here in Lincoln, the biggest in the state by far, and while i didn't find anything too interesting as it was mostly all SBC or LS parts. What i did find was a Holley 2280 2 barrel carb for $15 and I thought why not its cheap enough even if i can't use it im only out $15 so not too bad. My question is has anyone here ever used one of these carbs on our vehicles before does anyone see any inherent reason why it wouldn't work? I know the carb is actually off a Dodge V8 or some of their super hopped up slant six cars my biggest issue i can see is having to swap to a throttle cable and manual choke of some kind and the obvious either milling of the head to mount direct which is the more than likely final product or a 2v to 1v carb adapter which would be the temporary fix.

Thanks for any help,
Darrian

Slap it on thre and see how it runs for $15. Holley 2280 was on 'lean burn' Mopar 318 as the last carburetors sucked their last gas. Holley, Carter and car mfg' then screwed around with 'feedback' carbs - (semi-computer controlled jetting) before (computer-feedback) fuel injection became universal.

I would suggest looking for a Holley 2300 series 2bbl. Universally used on medium V8's, available jetting and and parts are same as most Holley 4Bbl's and the carb base is a standard as well.

have fun

Back