32/36 jetting

7T2Bronco

I was informed in a conversation with a parts supplier my carbs jetting is lean, they assumed I wasn't even able to run this carb on my motor. I've been running a weber DFV 32/36 with the following setup: 25 power jet, 135 Primary Main Jet, 132 Secondary Main Jet, 190 Primary Air Jet, 195 Secondary Air jet. I purchased this carb from a guy who told me he could set it up for my application, and I just bolted it on, and it was miles better than the single barrel I had before, so I never questioned it. Is this too lean of a setup? What should I be running?

7T2Bronco":31jfs86f said:
I was informed in a conversation with a parts supplier my carbs jetting is lean, they assumed I wasn't even able to run this carb on my motor. I've been running a weber DFV 32/36 with the following setup: 25 power jet, 135 Primary Main Jet, 132 Secondary Main Jet, 190 Primary Air Jet, 195 Secondary Air jet. I purchased this carb from a guy who told me he could set it up for my application, and I just bolted it on, and it was miles better than the single barrel I had before, so I never questioned it. Is this too lean of a setup? What should I be running?

I wouldn't question the jetting either.

Do you have the stovebolt 2-bbl adaptor?

Do your Jacobs Ignition Mileage Master with it?

If it won't do 75 mph, then I'd say the the ignition is holding it back. Even with 33 inchers and the physique of a brick, a EB 200 should make 67 to 75 hp at the wheels. Generic advance curves with way too much canister deplete the hp right where you need it.

Get it checked. DUI's over advance and hurt power.

And re-recurved. 16 static unplugged at 850 rpm, total advance 36, all in by 2800 rpm. Vac advance can needs to add just a little more advance on overrun, not too much.

Keep the jetting as it is.

Ignition first, then jetting. Others have reported base ignition settings as nastyf150 did...viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60492

nastyf150":31jfs86f said:
advance curve is as follows:

Starts: 2° @ 860 rpms
10° @ 1260 rpms
17° @ 2000 rpms
Total advance is 24° @ 3000 rpms.

Vacuum advance has a total of 14° @ 13" Hg

But that's not the case. It varies, and its not the right one for your truck, especially if it won't do over 70...its most likely over advancing, and preventing the use of what is compartively rich jetting for a 200.

no 200 till '73/4 (last yr. of any 6 cyl bronk).
we still need more info on what he's runnin, no?

(wuz 302'n 170 only in '72, if that's what e has).

("…brick…" I'd say)
:eek:
whadsa da drag coefficient? te he

Yeah, its a 200 swap.

7T2Bronco":g0mkgile said:
Hi guys I'm back lookin for more power, 200cui just doesn't turn big tires very well. Max I can get right now is 70MPH flat to the floor, bogs at any incline. 72 Bronco Rebuilt 200ci, 32/36, DUI, Stock 3spd, 4.10 gears, 33x12.50's tires. I bought a set of 4.88 gears but have been reluctant to install them, I just feel the engines run outta power, and gearing may not be as big an issues as I thought....

Early Bronco....Drag factor 0.60 with a nice 24 foot frontal area....Yeah!

Back