Vent valve rod

cmm24601

I just replaced the vent valve rod on my autolite 1101.

Is the rod supposed to press further into the vent valve as the throttle opens, or pull further out?

I'm getting some bad results from this. Sometimes it will immediately stall when I press the gas. Should the rod fully compress the spring?

:unsure: The bowl vent has to do with the emissions only (basically when the engine is off) it wouldn't have much if any effect the acceleration of the car, though maybe if it didn't open allowing air into the fuel bowl. It sounds more like your accelerator pump shot needs adjusting and or the pump diafram needs replacement. Looking down the carb throat (air cleaner off & engine off) do you see a good pump shot (Squirt) when you open the throdle? Has the carb been rebuilt recently? If not might be a good time to freshen it up. Also check that your float level is set correctly. Good luck :nod:

bubba22349":gor4y919 said:
:unsure: The bowl vent has to do with the emissions only (basically when the engine is off) it wouldn't have much if any effect the acceleration of the car, though maybe if it didn't open allowing air into the fuel bowl. It sounds more like your accelerator pump shot needs adjusting and or the pump diafram needs replacement. Looking down the carb throat (air cleaner off & engine off) do you see a good pump shot (Squirt) when you open the throdle? Has the carb been rebuilt recently? If not might be a good time to freshen it up. Also check that your float level is set correctly. Good luck :nod:
X2 (y)

Mike's Carburetor parts have all the parts necessary for your carb. Great people to deal with.

"...diagram isn't quite clear…"
ck out Mike's 'exploded view' of ur carb & C his rebuild vid(s).
:nod:

I had same symptom. Mine was dirt in accel pump discharge nozzle. Some fuel coming out but not enough. I took the top of the carb off and blew and flushed it out.

I had same symptom. Mine was dirt in accel pump discharge nozzle. Some fuel coming out but not enough. I took the top of the carb off and blew and flushed it out.

Back