chad

5K+
VIP
Supporter 2023
Supporter 2022
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2020
Supporter 2019
Any opinion on the above water pump for a '69 250ci?
Summit does not detail ("it's hi flow, U custimers !") if for air conditioned (nice plate on impellers for extra umph).
Looks 4 bolt in pic but U can't trust dat...awfully long snout!
Have not cked w/Matt yet, that's next, doubt he hasem~

Handbook lists a Summit "GMB-125-1290", but it's for 144, 170, 200 so thought I'd try this 1…
Thanks!

chad":a7vuurs1 said:
Any opinion on the above water pump for a '69 250ci?
Summit does not detail ("it's hi flow, U custimers !") if for air conditioned (nice plate on impellers for extra umph).
Looks 4 bolt in pic but U can't trust dat...awfully long snout!
Have not cked w/Matt yet, that's next, doubt he hasem~

Handbook lists a Summit "GMB-125-1290", but it's for 144, 170, 200 so thought I'd try this 1…
Thanks!
GMB pumps are some of the best out there... New made, not a rebuild... Made in Japan, not china...

a GMB for less than $25…
Could B a good co.
Comes w/thin 'paper' gasket. Still no post back frm their "customer Qs".
Guess I'll go4it~
Tanks Seth
Back later…

I used one on my 77 Maverick 250 it worked great. Good luck :nod:

Installed one on a 77 Tbird only a around 1000 miles on it though. GMB makes a lot of OEM pumps. Could tell a story about Ford using them on the mod motors.

Hi, most water pumps come with a thin paper gasket. You may have to flatten the gasket and glue it on before you start disassembly. I've used Indian Head shellac or silicone. It is one of the easiest water pumps out there. How about hoses, belt T stat etc. By the I'm planning to go to Bronco day in Gardner MA on Saturday. You can't make it, can you? Good luck

Sat, WoW ! …
have fun, send pic~

"...before you start disassembly…."
Way past dat.
Ind.Head.S. is right on da tool cart!
Tanks !!!

Take a good look, the inlet fitting is not angled down like the iron pump.
That means will your lower radiator stretch that far to connect to the pump inlet??

is that huge boss (on top?) to be drilled out for a thermostst for an ele fan?
I have no 'core' to examine, compaire, or return…
(may be for the heater return line?)

Never pitch anything until you're done, here's my old one:

[image]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/923/Nh8ghb.jpg[/image]

[image]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/923/Fcemir.jpg[/image]

[image]https://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/mediumlarge/GMB-125-1380_ml.jpg[/image]

If you are referring to the hole there in the second pic and the summit image, that's the weep hole. It let's you know if the shaft seal is going.

"...If you are referring to the hole there …"
I guess the long tube next to the lrger 1 is to the heater core.

Summit will not ship mine till 5/22…
(same model)
U like it? Can U tell yet?

Find an inexpensive 2 shive pulley?

I may use an alu 'flex fan' in ford blue...

Had the same issue figure they are only aval from the MFG through summit. I ordered mine about the time this thread started. Looks well made havent had time to really compare it.

The only thing I am contemplating is if it needs a bleeder valve. Probably wont truly decide until the old pump is removed. This is something I might recommend as I have discovered it needed on many other engines do to cooling system designs.

"…bleed…"
so just drill a lill hole? needs a valve of some sort instead of just a simple hole I imagine…

Hey, here's a Q:
what clear coat can I spray frm a rattle can just to keep the alu shinny?
I've tried this w/the valve cover as I cont. w/my assembly process.

(8 days to go B4 summit rec. my pump. Not sure how long after to ship to me).

bEST BET WOULD BE TO FIND A AUTO PANT shop were they can fill a spray can with urethane catilized clear go for their top of the line clear. NAPA, some other parts stores that handle paint as well as some dedicated auto paint shops.

OK, thnx, nothing offa da shelf.
Will go to the auto-paint guys anhour away 4 a beddah product.

Wonder how U got a pump so quick'n I gotta wait - U buy the last 1 in da store?lol
(They said "it must B shipped 2 us from the manufacturer, then we'll send to U".)

U Go Turb!

It took a week or better for the pump to arrive and it was from summit. It will be some time before the pump is swapped

Back