Remote air induction Kit

45 degrees and 6 inches should be best, but untill you package it, there is no best...as long as you can fit your choice, and it gets cooler air than it would standard, then all good. Generally, Matts advice will get you great results. Internal parts get in the way in the engine bay, so you have to decide whats best for YOU. ;)

Others shift the battery, and then you can use passenger side cold air kits.

Find something you like, and promise not to second guess yourself.

SDC13896_zpsa4a9c01a.jpg

IMG_20150216_135528476_HDR_zpsm1yu6uvj.jpg

More like this
hrdp_0711_05_z-1970_ford_maverick-phase_two_efi_setup.jpg
is technically better, but any cool air kit will help.

I will likely be sticking with the stock air cleaner on mine and run flex tubing from vintageinlines to the radiator core support. Not as cool looking as the cone type filter, but more functional in my opinion

done same wid a filter (screen) from a home heating plant
(the spun blue filter cut-to-size, circular)

Trying to find a “carb hat” for the sniper1100 without an adapter. Something like a standard cold air intake. Does anyone know what I can use? I see the vintage Inlines options and I’m thinking a tube that goes directly to the throttle body would be better. Thoughts?

If anyone is running an early stock 200 air cleaner and wants cooler air from the radiator support look into flexible aircraft ducting. High quality 2" inside flexible ducting is available along with an aluminum inlet that can be placed in the radiator support.

dont like cuz corrigated:
been tryin over @:
takes alota clickin around to get down to what I (U) may want but 1 of the better vendors for me...

I like the rigid, opaque, black tubing or pipe made by Rein, Dorman, Airaid, Steeda, MBRP, Dayco, and Continental for auto intakes.
I dont no enuff abt plastics (except that all the plastic cept #1 & 2 in the triangle @ bottom of jug, tub, bottle - are poison when left out doors to degrade) but ABS and PVC seem the above co's go-to? I used lots of pvc (schedule 40) in the building trades. THAT seems too thick walled for my purposes.

Here's where else I looked when I started the search while back. I think I'll go home depot soon (if white scuff w/paper, spray w/primer AND top coat. Plenty of scratches to it so wanna keep blk):
3 inch = $5.60
3 inch, a lill too thicked walled?
I have a later model bronk 'fresh air tube' (2x4 ID) that goes behind the battery. I'll cut a hole the '73/4 + had in the core support. I cant run the 2X4 black corrugated paper/metal oe duct to Matt's carb hat (3 inch circle). I do not want 'flashy' alu. Could go such w/a black top coat. 3, 4 foot is expensive. Let me know what U come up with, ona similar search...

Back