Daytona carburetor

hotrodguy

I have a 65 Ranchero, 200 ci 6 with an Autolite 1100 carb. I have rebuilt it re jetted it and still can not get it to run right. If a day goes by between starts I have to prime the throat with carb starter , it will not start. High speed is fine but going around a corner it always hesitates and it pops slightly at idle. I am just about done with this carb. Who has experience with the Daytona universal 1 barrel carb, pluses and minuses? Thank you.

Sounds like you might have two problems. One the carb.
I know you blame the carb, but is your distributor being a loadamatic functioning properly??

I'm the last one to ask but:

* float in this carb?
* SCV / LOM (it's a '65 & carb is '68 + ?) incompatibility?

If this 2nd suggestion is incomprehensible check the free "Classic Inlines archive" detailing the feedback system by clicking on the "Tech Archive" above (2nd horizontal line frm the top of this page) and reviewing carb / dizzy feedback in that helpful compendium!

Let us know how U do...

I buy weld-in O2 bungs on ebay and put them in every carbureted car I run. Air/fuel gauge and I know exactly what's going on.

So what are you A/F readings.
Having this valuable tool helps diagnosis.

universally loved...

http://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/t399 ... arburetors
JoeVan":3he8al8j said:
OK JMO I have not seen a successful Rebuilt Carb since they started putting ethanol in the gas.!!!. It eats the Lead plating inside the carb NOS will have the same troubles down the road.....Find a new one its worth the extra money the New Carbs metal's are different (no lead plating) and the ethanol does not affect them..Start looking at Holly and Edelbrock carbs maby get a adapter to fit a 2 barrel carb instead.???

http://oldihc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php? ... 8&start=10

Turbo Inter I6...
kevin":3he8al8j said:
I have had 5 guys contact me on the carb in question, I tell them works for me for 3 years, my trucks sits all winter and starts right up in the spring. I know 4 who have acquired them. I gave up on 59 year old carbs that have been rebuilt many times etc. I have seen 1904s on ebay for 3 to 4 bills and you don't know what you get or buy who except the old shops that re bush and have the know how. Thought I would try the carb after talking to Don at the source and sometimes I do fill with the 20% alcohol and turn the jet out.
INFO ONLY

I am using a 68 Mustang recurved distributor, all 6 spark plugs are light brown. I use 1 range colder plugs in number 1 and six cylinders. I appreciated all the responses.

Back