170 fan doesn't fit

ledslinger29

Hey fellas,
I worked out my alignment issue, with the new balancer not lining up with my water pump pulley and alternator by ordering the billet water pump pulley from Matt. Now it all lines up, but introduces a new issue. The surface that the stock four blade fan mates to on the face of the pulley is wider than the old one, so the bends in the fan blades keep me from bolting the fan down. Have any of you run into this, or have a part number for a fan with a base wide enough to accomodate this pulley??

:unsure: You might try using a fan spacer of 1/2 to 1 inch or more if you have room between the radiator and water pump. Good luck :nod:

once we start changin things ina custom...oh, boy...
give some dimensions - may B some 1 has a work around.
pic's worth a thousand...

bubba22349":1wejpn5h said:
:unsure: You might try using a fan spacer of 1/2 to 1 inch or more if you have room between the radiator and water pump. Good luck :nod:
Sometimes I don't think things through. I was look at Flexalite 1317 fans yesterday, and was thinking about ordering a spacer with it. I dont know why this didn't occur me.

Yes, Sometimes it's all the small details that make it harder to focus because there are so many different areas to work on. Couple that with the fact when you mod one thing it can effect one or more other items. But you seem to have great perseverance at solving these problems as they come up! (y) So you should be real close now too have it running and driving again soon. :beer: Good luck :nod:

"...don't think things through.."
easier 4 me to ask 4 back up right away instead!
:LOL:
;)
:oops:

:beer:
share, dats Y we here

Back